Winter Storm Hunting for Geese!

• cschreifels
    Rockville, MN

Is there anyone else out there yet hunting for geese in Minnesota? My group of 4 guys went out on saturday and sunday in the storms and got our limit of canadiens both days. We are hunting the open part of the Sauk River in Central, MN. We have been watching about 300+ geese land on the water everyday in front of our blinds. I have to tell you that hunting geese in a snow storm is absolutely amazing. We had no more than a dozen decoys out and it pulled them out of the sky from 100’s of feet up. If you can handle the nasty weather, it can be some of the best hunting you can ever have. Although we were in enclosed box blinds that we built with fish house heaters on us protected from the elements! We were sure glad we put the work in to build the blinds! It definitely paid off!

neckwrecker7

I am from Wisconsin so I have been hunting over here but we have definitly been laying the smackdown on them. 42 geese in three hunts. The snow was amazing. Nothing better than shooting geese over the snow with GHG dekes

CleanRun
    Oakdale, MN

I know my cosin has been hunting up in rochester MN with his buddy and they have been getting alot they limited out both saturday and sunday also they have been haven some HUGE flocks coming down too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.