Honks 9-1

• buckmaster

Well, made it out this morning for an hour or so just to say I got out. Only an hour, but it was better then laying in bed thinking about it before I had to get up for work. Did manage to see a couple flocks, but couldn’t get anything to come close enough to get a crack at. Will be out tonight, where I hope to lay down the law on some honkers at about 6:48pm……….

Good luck to everyone and will report back 2mara morning.

Anyone have any luck? Someone rub it in!

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Same secenario for me… Heard some shooting though, so somebody got some crackin’. Had 3 just on the edge of range, but figured they’d come in. Hunting tonight, and then off at noon tomorrow to bang away. Good luck.

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Same secenario for me… Heard some shooting though, so somebody got some crackin’. Had 3 just on the edge of range, but figured they’d come in. Hunting tonight, and then off at noon tomorrow to bang away. Good luck.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I am confused on people hunting geese already? I have heard the season is open, but I cannot find it anywhere on the WI DNR site. Is this in WI or MN? If in WI, is the Mississippi sub-zone open?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I am confused on people hunting geese already? I have heard the season is open, but I cannot find it anywhere on the WI DNR site. Is this in WI or MN? If in WI, is the Mississippi sub-zone open?

buckmaster

Amwatson,

WI has an early goose season that runs from September 1st to the 15th……..It is state wide all you have to do is pick up your federal stamp, waterfowl stamp, small game and then a $3 early goose permit and you will be ready to go out and bust up 5 geese per day per person.

I know Wal-Mart has fliers, b/c I seen them there last night. Also, the WI DNR website has info on it as well under Early Goose Seasons.

Good luck

buckmaster

Amwatson,

WI has an early goose season that runs from September 1st to the 15th……..It is state wide all you have to do is pick up your federal stamp, waterfowl stamp, small game and then a $3 early goose permit and you will be ready to go out and bust up 5 geese per day per person.

I know Wal-Mart has fliers, b/c I seen them there last night. Also, the WI DNR website has info on it as well under Early Goose Seasons.

Good luck

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Thanks I finally found the information on the DNR site. I am headed to Wal-Mart in a little while to get all the licenses and tags. Then myself and friend are going to hit the marsh tomorrow morning in his rig. It should be a good time anyway

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Thanks I finally found the information on the DNR site. I am headed to Wal-Mart in a little while to get all the licenses and tags. Then myself and friend are going to hit the marsh tomorrow morning in his rig. It should be a good time anyway

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.