Lake Pepin Open Poll – 1 Day or 2 Day Tournament

• jimsiewert

I have got some feedback on whether the Lake Pepin Open will be a 1 day, or 2 day tournament going forward. We do have a permit for 2 days this year, but can go down to a 1 day event. I am looking for feedback from you, the anglers on what you would rather see. No matter what, entry fee would be $220 if a 1 day, or 2 day event.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Having it be a 1 day would definetly get me to enter. The family doesn’t dig those 2 day tournies.

dd

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

Taking a poll is certainly a good start.

I think your decision comes down to who is the person your trying to attract? If this is to be a more family orientated event I couldn’t agree with more with drewsdad…

Word on the big fish bite seems to travel very fast on Pool 4. With this said, in my opinion, a one day tournament gives the little guy a fighting chance, at least if he is in the right spot at the right time. If it’s a 2 day tournament, a guy running a smaller boat is at a severe disadvantage if it turns into another pool 4 drag race.

If it’s a one day tournament, I feel that it appeals to a broader range of anglers, which should increase entries.

wkw

I’m in favor of a 2 day tournament. Having fished the LPO for many years, I’ve seen many exciting finishes on Day 2 that really made the tourney fun. Nothing like going after the leaders and coming from behind. Weather can also be a factor in a one day tournament. Recently in the LPO, Day 1 was terrible ! While Day 2 allowed everybody a shot at the win.

As far as the “drag race ” comment, well …IMO,not an issue. If you’re on fish, have the right pattern, etc. it doesn’t matter. Just my 2 cents. I’ll do it no matter what.

WKW

hhguide
    Alexandria MN

I would say I’m in favor of a two day, Anyone can go out on a one day tournament and catch fish but the good fisherman can do it multiple days in a row, just like any other big event (AIM and FLW) I know if im coming from up here and bringing guys we would want a two day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.