From Bass to Walleye!

• RT
    Twin Cities

Hello Everyone,
    I’ve been reading some of the reports lately on how the eyes’ and sauger have been going gangbusters on Pool 4, so this Friday I’m going to take the girlfriend out and give those bottom feeders a shot . In the past I have caught some eyes’ on accident while bass fishing but have never specifically targeted them.

I’m asking for some tips and general locations on where to start fishing. I’m looking to catch some fish (all CPR, too), size is not that important. This is what I’ve got set up so far: a rod rigged with a 1/8oz. jig with a ringworm, another rod with a 3/16oz. jig paired up with a 5″ grub, and last is a 3/8oz. jig that I’ll tip with a fathead. I’ve also got the same jig/rigs rigged for the girlfriend too. How does that look? Am I missing something?

My plan is to start throwing plastics in shallow water, then moving up to the dam. Thank you very much for the help!

Ross

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Ross, I hope the Bassin world doesn’t hear that you are considering Walleye and Sauger fishing, even if it is for a short time. what would they think ??
    I sent you a PM, give a call sometime. and make sure you get back to us so we can hear how your girlfriend did against you. Does she have her own FTR handle and sign on password, maybe she will after this weekend. Jack..

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

it’s going to be pretty busy Friday so i’d say if you’re going to cast to the shallows do it EARLY. you got to beat the rush. first light is always good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.