Best color plastics

• hunter1723

What are everyone’s favorite color plastics?

coxaaa
    Northern IA

Nothing fancy here, pro blue, firecracker chart, and chart pepper in dirtier water.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just buy a lot of them. Your are always going to want that one color you dont have with.

White
    Purple/chartreuse
    Firecracker/chartreuse
    Green/Orange core
    Cotton candy
    Motor oil
    Green/white core

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Gulp smelt, caught them througout the seasons with em.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

X2 – gotta have them all

drew-evans
    rochester MN

The one the fish are biting buy them all

fishdale

Quote:

Gulp smelt, caught them througout the seasons with em.

+1

O-FISHial

-White 4in curly tails from Gander Mtn barely came off my line last year for walleyes and smallmouths. Pic is of that plastic on a Owner Sled head hook. (Fell in love with those jigs/or hooks last year. Work fantastic in snaggy/shallow situations)

-Otherwise I use lots of 3in orange/light orange twister tails.

-Gulp 3in smelt (straight tail) is a go to as well.
    -Powerbait Rippleshads (anywhere from 3-5in)—super versitile.
    -Northland Impulse paddletail minnows (black/white or electric chicken)

I purchase different plastics all the time, but these 5 are the only ones that I typically need.
    Go get em’

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

X2 rippleshads. Actually caught more fish with those than the gulp, didn’t come to mind.

Harpenter

If it’s a tail, I like pink or chart mostly. Can’t go wrong with a jig head & minnow either. Last season I had my best luck on Berkley Gulp Alive.

O-FISHial

nhamm,

Since they came out I rarely use another type of minnow style plastic. The 3″ in smelt (black/gray/white) has caught more crappie, walleye and bass than probably all my other lures put together. Besides jigging, they are amazing for swimming jigs with any old jig head, got an amazing side to side rolling wobble. I plan on experimenting more with the 4″ and 5″ for some pike and musky this summer.

Only con I have with them is when using them for walleyes you will end up with lots and lots of baits with tails bitten off, which kinda renders them useless.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I agree. The fire tiger when the water clears up in fall killed the SMB, and dragging outside bends the deeper sections with the smelt would kick out some eyes. Smelt overall took the eyes from opener, all the way into fall. Can’t beat the white bfishn paddletail come muddy water for the SMB. I never had a problem with any tails bit off, ever, the eyes will pop off quite a bit, and once the plastic is ripped at the base forget about them running true again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.