If all else fails this weekend on P4…

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Try pitching orange blades to the rocks.

I’m not sure who the fella was that I talked with this morning on the way out of the resort, but he looked familiar.

Well, that’s what was working for him on Thursday and he was back again today.

“Lift them up and right at the pause before falling they were just crushed!” ~ unknown Pool 4 Fisherman.

See some of you in the Bait Shop in the morning!

riverdan

Without pictures its just a fish story

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

WE DO-NOT want BK pic’s

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

^^

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Could it be that you need to get rid of some orange blade baits?

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Nice work, Dan.

mikes-jigs
    Red Wing, MN

I was working at Four Seasons in town and spooled line for a gentleman that said the same thing. He said he could have had about 3 limits of fish.

Lil Guppy
    Lake City, Mn

I talked to a buddy of mine from Iowa yesterday(Chad Miller) and he said the same thing. He was going out today too but I never asked how he did. But I did see the pics from yesterday.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Could it be that you need to get rid of some orange blade baits?

Could be, I’ll have to check when I get to the bait shop in 20 minutes. They could be out as far as I know.

It’s merely a suggestion if what you’re using isn’t working for you might want to switch up to an orange blade.

For the folks that come into Everts, I’ll tell them what’s been working for others.

Those people don’t need this post.

For the folks that launch at another landing, they might be struggling and an orange blade might save their day.

I get paid the same if they decide to buy one here, 4 Seasons, Joe’s or if they make their own.

Just looking to help people better enjoy their time on the water.

I really didn’t appreciate the insinuation that I would recommend whatever is over stocking the shelves.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Ok supply of orange but there’s a ton of green here for you Tom!

I’ll save some for you.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

It was me, I did fish Thursday and Friday with orange blades and had one of the best bites Thursday had in years. I fished the blades in 10-13 fow in sand and wood bottoms and rocks also with wood and snaggs seem to be where the fish were. I had best luck Thursday before wind gust round 11:30 then bite was gone. I did catch 3 limits of 18-21″ walleyes and 4 saugers in the 17-19″ inch range Thursday and bunch smaller. Friday could not buy a fish on blades all on denver rig in 19-23fow, mostly saugers Friday.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks for that Mr Chad Miller.

Your excitement came through loud and clear Friday morning. I thought you were going to climb in the truck with me for a moment! LOL!

It’s those days that keeps a person coming back again and again!

And I missed the sarcasm in Tomr’s post. I’m sorry for whacking you in the butt before talking to you.

The one thing that seems to be holding true this year is… whatever works today doesn’t work tomorrow! I have an email that I was given permission to post once I get caught up here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.