Early Fall Walleyes on Pool 2

• ccook
    Hastings Mn

Had a chance to get out saturday on pool 2 and chase down some walleyes. We stuck with our trolling program in shallow water and it work out. We were fishin in 8-10 ft of water and we were fishin areas where the channel swept in close to shore and the current increased just a bit. These walleyes are startin to feed as alot of the fish we caught were runnin minnows and when we got them to the boat they were spitting up emereld shines. One thing to remember is these fish get spooky after a few passes in this shallow water. What we found is if you back off and come back later you can usually hit ’em again. There are peak times in the morning and late afternoon that they are just plain chewin.Same deal as last time. Flicker shads at 1.7 to 1.9 mph and your either gonna get snagged or your gonna get bit. The fall bite is comin around so stay tuned, it’s gonna get crazy in the weeks to come. Best of luck out there.

Corey Cook

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Looks like a fun day. We also fished on Saturday morning looking for a pitching bite both plastics and cranks. Found the smallies, white bass and a few smaller eyes. Shouldn’t be long now.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice looking fish once again. I hit one trolling run on Sunday that ended up kicking out a couple of smaller walleyes and 3 pike. That was better than I had found there last week. Did come across a number of humps and shallower flats on this run that I may keep checking back on and looking at for future pitching areas as the fall progresses.

bclii
    MN/AZ

Thanks for sharing Corey, nice fish!

kruger
    Metro,mn

great report thanks

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Nice report…I was on P2 Sunday and also trolled flicker shads in 12 to 13 fow. What I noticed is the bite shut down at 4pm for me; maybe I spooked them like you mentioned. I was cathing them pretty consistant until they just shut down after a couple hrs of trolling the same 400 to 500 yard run. Mine were alot smaller than the ones you caught though.

David Grosulak
    Pool 2

Great report, Saturday morning was quite a struggle for us. We did try all new spots which could have been why we had limited results.

ccook
    Hastings Mn

KWP that is what I have found as well, You’ll get a couple hours out of run and then they just back out or shut down. Like I said alot of times you can come back later and pull a few more. There is so much to learn about the river it can get overwhelming, but if you can disect a spot and look for common traits else where in the system you will be rewarded for the effort. Nice job out there fellas lets keep it goin and learn every trip. I’ll keep you updated on how i’m doin.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.