Vexilar support

• duh queen

On a recent trip to Lake of the Woods my decade(s) old Vexilar FL8 began failing. I called their service dept from the lake and we quickly diagnosed the problem, a failing motor. I had a follow-up trip scheduled for 2 weeks later and was concerned that shipping delays turn-around time wouldn’t get my unit back to in in time. I was able to persuade them to sell me just the motor and have it shipped ASAP. It arrived Saturday and I repaired everything last night. To be clear: this isn’t a repair to tackle unless you’ve got a background in the soldering of circuit boards, AND have access to the proper tooling. But I do and things went smoothly.
    The reasoning behind this thread is to acknowledge Vexilar for their great customer support. Not knowing who I am or what my skills are, they were originally reluctant to send the motor, but they took the time to listen to me. (How many customer service depts can make honestly make that claim?)
    Anyway, Hat’s off to the guys at Vexilar for the great service! And if anyone out there is on the fence, undecided what brand to buy, I hope this memo helps.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Good to hear! You should send this to Corey Studer at Vexilar. I’m sure he would like to hear the feed back. waytogo

Cory is the sales and marketing manager at Vexilar. Great guy!

Email: [email protected]

-J.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

In an era when many companies have poor customer service, we should share when our experiences are positive. It is great to see that Vexilar does a great job in that respect!

waytogo

AK Guy

My one and only customer experience with Vexilar was outstanding. Glad to hear that’s continuing.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That’s awesome, and similar to my experience stopping into their location in Bloomington (not sure if it’s still there) with a decades old FL-8 that they took in the backroom and fixed in about 15 minutes, and for like $40-60 or something like that.

Hookset
    Southern MN

I’ve only been there a couple times for a new transducer or questions on interference issues, they are top notch hands down!!!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

On a recent trip to Lake of the Woods my decade(s) old Vexilar FL8 began failing. I called their service dept from the lake and we quickly diagnosed the problem, a failing motor. I had a follow-up trip scheduled for 2 weeks later and was concerned that shipping delays turn-around time wouldn’t get my unit back to in in time. I was able to persuade them to sell me just the motor and have it shipped ASAP. It arrived Saturday and I repaired everything last night. To be clear: this isn’t a repair to tackle unless you’ve got a background in the soldering of circuit boards, AND have access to the proper tooling. But I do and things went smoothly.
    The reasoning behind this thread is to acknowledge Vexilar for their great customer support. Not knowing who I am or what my skills are, they were originally reluctant to send the motor, but they took the time to listen to me. (How many customer service depts can make honestly make that claim?)
    Anyway, Hat’s off to the guys at Vexilar for the great service! And if anyone out there is on the fence, undecided what brand to buy, I hope this memo helps.

I drowned my old FL-8 and called Vexilar. They said send it to us-I sent the head in on a Thursday and had it back by the following Tuesday, for under 80 bucks including shipping. I was, and still am impressed by their outstanding customer service!

Ryan Schwartz

That’s another reason why I use Vexilar units. Not only are they built well, but they are a local company. If you need support for a unit, you can drive right to their office and get a solution rather quickly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.