Report 12/12 12/13

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

My neighbor and I decided to do some prospecting in Southern Minnesota on Friday. We saw the biggest group of birds I have seen in Minnesota, about 75 feeding in a picked field, a good 20 roosters but nobody was home at any of the farmers around This seemed to be par for the course, we just couldn’t get on land because nobody was home. We were getting antsy so we hunted a big public area. We saw alot of hens and it was a great workout for the dogs but we ended up not seeing a rooster to shoot all day. 12/13 Saturday had me out with a customer. First of all they got alot more snow than the Metro so alot of spots that were good last year were drifted over, if we found good cover we found birds. We hit several spots and started getting a bird here and there. By the afternoon we had 3 as we hit our last spot. There were tracks all over in a slew with picked corn and alot of spilled grain. It was some fast action with alot of hens and two more birds in the bag. After shooting the last cock about 20 birds got up and glided back down about a hundred yards away, when we got there Lindy was going nuts, four hens got up then a rooster which we got. After that 5 more roosters got up one after another but we had filled out so we just watched them sail away Another bright spot on the trip was the Hungarian partridge we saw, 3 different coveys but they were all in plowed fields and very spooky flushing at 70 yards so no shooting. Its nice to see there making a comeback. I made up for a slow day on Friday with a good day on Saturday

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Great report
    At least one of us is getting out

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Great report
    At least one of us is getting out

That makes 2 of us!

Great job Sippi!

Bob Bowman
    MN

I got out for about 1 hour on Saturday very close to home. Made a quick pass through the cattails, not roosters, two hens, and a very wet Bob Ice was not totally froze in a few places, and like normal, I found those few places.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Bob, maybe you packed on a few extra pounds in the off season from all that Molson???

That is why I drink Miller Lite!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Bob, maybe you packed on a few extra pounds in the off season from all that Molson???

That is why I drink Miller Lite!

Little GIRL

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Lil girls don’t fall in water.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Lil girls don’t fall in water.

Good point!

Fat Kid………….out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.