Upgrading from LX7 to Garmin 93sv

• LateSeason
    NULL

Long rant cut short… LX7 issues again, had about 1 issue a season for the past 4 years and usually at the most in opertune time.
    I’ve convinced myself that the Garmin 93sv UHD with Livescope is the way to go and plan on buying the all season bundle from Reeds.

How big of a battery are you guys using so that these power hungry units last 10+ hours on the ice?

Also trying to figure out the simplest way of termporarily using it on a buddies boat during the summer, any ideas?

MNFishinGuy

I’d say minimum battery for 10 hours would be an 18ah Lithium. The one from Amped Outdoors is the same size as the 12ah SLA that comes with the kit.

For summer you’ll need a way to attach the pole to the boat. Quick and dirty would be with a c-clamp, but that can be a bit unstable. If the boat has a rail system I’d get a ram mount or similar to attach to a rail base on one end and the pole on the other.

Does the all-season kit come with the GT54 transducer? Keep in mind the LVS32 will also give you DI & 2d, although there really isn’t a need IMO.

I’d also check pricing on buying the components separately. You can get a really good deal on the non-UHD 93SV+ ($599). Bag & shuttle is around $130 direct from Garmin. Then you just need a pole and battery. This does only give you the GT52 open water transducer, which may or may not matter to you.

Good luck!

kayl

18aH would be my recommendation with that bundle. I built my own before the 18aH was a thing and use a 10aH and 12aH wired in parallel for 22aH total power. Haven’t run out in a day yet.

Jeff Gilberg

18aH would be my recommendation with that bundle. I built my own before the 18aH was a thing and use a 10aH and 12aH wired in parallel for 22aH total power. Haven’t run out in a day yet.

Glad its working for you,
    but if you are going to parallel batteries they really should be identical
    (10 and 12AH wont give you 22AH when put in parallel).
    not trying to be a Richard, just FYI for others thinking of doing this.

kayl

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>kayl wrote:</div>

Glad its working for you,
    but if you are going to parallel batteries they really should be identical
    (10 and 12AH wont give you 22AH when put in parallel).
    not trying to be a Richard, just FYI for others thinking of doing this.

Interesting, Amped Outdoors said differently when I asked if that was ok. I actually have another 10aH that I chose to put in a camera because I wanted as much power for Livescope as I could get!

Skinny

Does this give you 2D? Do i need to mount another transducer to the pole for 2D?

Attachments:
    1. winnipeg-walleye.jpeg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.