Upgrading an Open Water Jigging Rod

• bigstorm
    Southern WI

Tossing around the idea of upgrading one of my jigging rods. the one I am looking to replace is a GLmoois IMX Mag-Lite XF 6′ rod (SRJ720)

I’m guessing that not many people (if anyone) can compare this GLoomis to the JTX-MagLT 6’10 rod, but Im looking for someone with experience with this JT rod

The GLoomis rod is very sensitive, but I’m looking for something a little longer with a little more backbone. I do prefer Med-Lite rods over Med rods personally. I do have a TUCR 6’8MXF and it is a great rod and used often, just looking for something a little lighter

Thank you

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

I will pm you my buddies contact info he has fished with both rods and is on the jt proteam and can get you set up with one if you would like.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Thanks Nick. I will give him a call tomorrow.

snelson223
    Austin MN

I have the 6’10” JTX and g loomis NRX 6’10. I like the nrx better and is usually my go to rod. I would sell my jtx if someone were interested.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Bigstorm are you looking to sell that G Loomis?

Dan Baker

I have heard the NRX is amazing. What I will say in regards to the TUCR option. They have several upgradeable blank options that are significantly less weight than the standard apex. They even carry a special blank, TFO which is the new rod designed by Gary Loomis after he left G.Loomis. The plastic wrap they come in weights more than the blank. It’s insane.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Big storm we have a new rod you may be interested in. 6’11 MLXF that we can customize.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Thanks to everyone for the opinons and assistance, the JT rod is ordered.

John @ TUCR – I didnt see anything new on the website, but I will keep you guys in mind on my next upgrade as the 6’8″ APEX rod I have is a great rod. On the bright side, I will now be able to provide comparison info for those that want to know the difference between TUCR and JT open water rods

Jake Hendrickson
    Inactive
    Madison, WI

Glad to hear it! You’ll love the new JTX!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigstorm wrote:</div>

Glad to hear it! You’ll love the new JTX!

I agree. I have 6 of them. Fantastic rods.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Isn’t the SRJ720 a light rod? I own a couple Loomis IMX a SJR720 and a SJR721, the SJR721 is rated for 5/16 oz max IIRC and the SJR 720 is at 1/4 oz
    Wanting more backbone usually equals more weight.

I hope you enjoy your new JT rod

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.