Update on the Cat Tip of the Day: Quest for the Perfect Cat Bobber

• steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I pulled the winter cover off my swimming pool today so I had a chance to dunk tank some of my winter fishing projects. I posted a Cat Tip of the Day on making the perfect cat bobber so I took the bobber for a spin in my pool today. The good news is it works and the bad news is you need to downsize it significantly for it to work effectively for flatheads. The fix is pretty easy – pull the bobber off the section of pool noodle and cut the noodle piece in about half ( you want about 4 1/2 inches of noodle) and just put the bobber back into the smaller piece of pool noodle. Enclosed are a couple of pictures of the shortened bobber – this is with a 6 ounce weight under the bobber in the pool. This works pretty good. My original post with the 9 inch section of pool noodle would work pretty good if you wanted to use it to rescue a man overboard. It would take a BIG fish to pull that down.

By the way – I dunk tanked the Standup Swing Spreaders and they look pretty awesome in the pool. I’m anxious to hang about a 7 inch bullhead off one and see how that looks. I’m setting up my bait tank this week – I hope to do a bullhead test pretty soon.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1863.jpg

2. IMG_1865.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.