Up She Comes! Again – Somebody make it stop.

• steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Looks like it is going to be No Wake all summer at this pace. Not much catfish action yet. We need the river to get back within its banks and that won’t be for a while.

Attachments:
    1. 19-May-2019.png

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That’s got to be killing a lot of business on the river and in the towns, including gas sales.

mr-special
    MPLS

darn that sucks to hear. i know personally ive stayed off the criox cz it would take forever to get to some of my spots =(

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

Fished the kinni on Monday and it was a great multi-species day! I launched from the bluffs. Don’t let the high water scare you! I actually enjoyed the slow paced ride with the bald eagles flying everywhere cool waytogo

mr-special
    MPLS

i usually launch out of the bluffs as well. how long did it take ya to reach kinni. ive done it once during no wake yrs ago and i think it was like a 30min ride.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

i usually launch out of the bluffs as well. how long did it take ya to reach kinni. ive done it once during no wake yrs ago and i think it was like a 30min ride.

I have done it twice in the last week. I didnt time it but 30 or less sounds about right if done legally. I saw a few that couldn’t do it legally.
    I have the 13 inch eye’s dialed in!!!! flame bawling

Iowaboy1

if this keeps up for another two weeks,I can leave my truck at home and boat my way the entire distance to Bemidji,a five hundred mile trip !!

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Looks like no wake until mid June…..

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sure wish I had some time to fish this high water. High water like this lets a guy get way into the back waters. Spots you dont typically get into with a boat. Maybe next weekend if its still up there.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

1.68″ so far today. Now tornado WARNINGS are flying all over here in the SE including Olmsted County now. Charles City Iowa got nailed and that storm is now approaching Minnesota after passing Lime Springs. There’s something like 4 or 5 active warning boxes in this area right now, or were at last glance at the tv. I’m sure glad we saw sun for the two days this weekend but the rain continues and the water keeps rising.

DTW

River prediction page updated but not the Stillwater Gauge. Looks like >95% chance of minor flood Stage (697′) in Stilly. Mississippi at Hasting to go to Major flood stage. UGH!

Attachments:
    1. Capture.png

Ross Gunderson

For those of you who fish the river and pepin, do you find that the fish stay in the river a lot longer if the water stays high or do they push in to the lake either way?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.