Twins 2023 Thread

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

This home plate umpire is bad, bad, bad. He has called strikes on the Royals that haven’t been close.

8-6 Twinks are trying to hang on.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah he was brutal all game long. They tried to blow it but the royals are so bad they would let us give it to them.

IceManBran

Welp, it’s that time of year where I can fully commit to baseball because the other franchises forgot how to win when it matters.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I wonder on Taylor’s safety squeeze double, if Windmill was trying to get him to take third since no one was covering it.

The 34-year veteran umpire was brutal. In the 9th inning, I think he was concussed on the the 97-98 heater fouled tipped off his mask.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I would think Gallo gets this all the time.

Well, I'm not Jerry Gallo. I'm Jerry Callo.
    eyeguy507
    SE MN

how the hell did the Royals get Chapman? did he fall off so bad that he had to resort to playing in KC?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The top of the 9th was such a train wreck. Duran walked 2 guys, a stolen base, a sac bunt, and a wild pitch. Completely self-inflicted game winning run by KC.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yep. Terrible loss. Made possible by putrid offense again.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

The top of the 9th was such a train wreck. Duran walked 2 guys, a stolen base, a sac bunt, and a wild pitch. Completely self-inflicted game winning run by KC.

i will cut him some slack. he has been un hittable for 2 years and you just have a bad day once in a while. his control was way off today. we good

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Kiriloff is hitting .343 with 4 home runs in 43 at bats at AAA. I believe they have to make a decision today on whether to bring him up or keep him in AAA.

JoeMX1825
    MN

My god was that a bomb by Buxton

Brad Dimond

Puckered today whtn Rockhead brought Pagan in. He actually wasn’t horrible, Polanco and Correa didn’t help much. Winder looked out of his depth. Good result in the end.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well, we knew it would happen eventually. Maeda going on the DL for a couple weeks I’d assume, and Mahle is getting shut down for 4 weeks with an impingement in his elbow…..Not good.

The good news is, that means Ober will be with the big club for awhile, and most likely Varland will come up as well.

CaptainMusky

Thanks a lot for all the wonderful news! Not LOL

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Honestly, Ober will probably be quite a bit better than Maeda was, and hopefully Mahle avoids anything major with his elbow.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Let’s hope this is a one game flub from Lopez. He’s been lights out until tonight.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That’s the Alex Colome I remember!!!! jester

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Curious. Why pitch to Benetendi in that situation. I realize it was Lefty vs Lefty. But Benetendi is a career slap hitter. The 4 spot on deck had already been pinch ran for and then defensively replaced. Wouldnt have been a high caliber hitter coming up. I guess I was sure he’d handle Theilbar there, and he did.

Umy
    South Metro

Agreed Perch!

Umy
    South Metro

AT LEAST the pitchers can stay on the mound more than 60 pitches and 5 innings this year!!
    Was fun listening to Danny G on the radio on the way back from Bemidji this weekend. Trying real hard not to rip on the China doll

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

For as much as people are complaining about Buxton, the guy has stayed healthy. I think that’s a win. Sure, he’d be more valuable in CF but he only plays 70 games a year when he is out there. I’d rather have his bat in the lineup for 130 games. Taylor plays a similar CF and has been serviceable at the dish too. I think sooner or later we will start seeing him play some CF. Especially when Kirilloff makes his way back and they need to start using the DH for other players.

North St Paul’s own, Louie Varland on the mound tonight.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Didn’t know Freddy Mercury pitched…..

Ripjiggen

For as much as people are complaining about Buxton, the guy has stayed healthy. I think that’s a win. Sure, he’d be more valuable in CF but he only plays 70 games a year when he is out there. I’d rather have his bat in the lineup for 130 games. Taylor plays a similar CF and has been serviceable at the dish too. I think sooner or later we will start seeing him play some CF. Especially when Kirilloff makes his way back and they need to start using the DH for other players.

North St Paul’s own, Louie Varland on the mound tonight.

They complain because he is and was touted as a 5 tool player that only uses 1 tool.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well he was correctly touted as that until he couldn’t stay on the field. I’d personally rather use his best tool, all season long.

Guess that’s just me.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Well Holy Moly! The fragile one just stole a base!!! shock

Ripjiggen

Getting a bit ahead of ourself saying he will be healthy all season ain’t we.
    It’s only beginning of May.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well he was already missing time last season at this point playing CF only being able to play every other game so yeah, we’re doing a lot better already. I’m not saying I’m happy about him not playing CF, I’m not, but if it keeps his bat in the lineup for the 130 games I mentioned before, yeah, I’m cool with it.

I’ll take his 20 runs scored and 17 RBI’s he’s contributed from the DH spot over the first month. That’s on pace for 102 RBI’s and I’d argue he hasn’t even hit that well until the last two weeks, and yes, I can see him staying healthy all season if he stays at DH.

Umy
    South Metro

Seems like a lot of $$$ for a DH.
    When Gordon caught that ball in centerfield on Tuesday nite and slid into the wall I couldn’t help but think ” if that was buxton they’d have carted him off on a stretcher”
    When and if he starts hitting it IS exciting no doubt. THat was a HUGE BOMB of a homerun on Tuesday/Wednesday?

Freddy Mercury Mahtofire – my wife and two boys all looked at each other and said “wow. Freddy Mercury” Too funny

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Seems like a lot of $$$ for a DH.
    When Gordon caught that ball in centerfield on Tuesday nite and slid into the wall I couldn’t help but think ” if that was buxton they’d have carted him off on a stretcher”
    When and if he starts hitting it IS exciting no doubt. THat was a HUGE BOMB of a homerun on Tuesday/Wednesday?

Freddy Mercury Mahtofire – my wife and two boys all looked at each other and said “wow. Freddy Mercury” Too funny

Ha! He did look similar.

By the way…..Buxton hit another bomb this afternoon to tie the game……He’s heating up and oh by the way….He wouldn’t have been in the lineup today if he had been in CF yesterday.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This team better learn how to score more than two runs a game. If I’m the starting pitchers I’d be in their grills about getting the bats going. Especially Lopez. He’s gotten less than two runs of offense in games he’s started.

Viewing 30 posts - 511 through 540 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.