Truckers convoy in Canada

• buschman
    Pool 2

Without this turning political I just wanted to drop a note.. I work in the trucking industry and ship product in and out of Canada. I am talking directly to operation managers running these trucks. We do not talk politics but do have to keep track of capacity with drivers and be aware of how many driver are vaccinated.

If you are not aware.. The Canadian government is mandating all commercial drivers have vaccination and proof to cross into Canada. If you are not vaccinated you are subject to a 14 day vacation at home. Both vaccinated or non vax drivers are against this. This is a major deal.

This convoy of trucks is something we have never seen happen in North America! I believe the convoy was 47 miles long yesterday. They are going west to east and were in Toronto yesterday. The amount of people supporting these drivers on the highways and bridges is impressive as well.. Thousands!! I did not hear an exact # of Tractors in the convoy but was told it was pretty impressive and included many personal vehicles as well. I pulled up some videos on youtube last night just to see what these guys are talking about up there. No joke. Every bridge over the interstate they showed is packed with people in support of the truck drivers here!!

I do know for a fact that we have large fleets of trucks that have shut down their divisions crossing into the US. The term they will use is “restricted capacity” in their fleet but the truth is many of their drivers are refusing to come to the US. Vaxed or not. They are saying no to this mandate leaving only a few that are crossing the border right now. You all see these trucks on our highways every day.. Penner, Bison, Schneider and others are having (capacity issues) and the cost of shipments going into Canada will go through the roof. We were up 30% over the last 10 business days. This might affect Canada more than us but we will still see the affects in the shipping chain and cost here in the US.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

While I do agree with you on this subject Bushman, there’s not a whole lot we can do. Canada is their own country and they can make their own rules. So is Mexico. A lot of laws they have are very strict compared to ours. They don’t like our minnows either even though they’re exactly the same.

B-man

And Justin Trudeau will be hiding…I mean “conveniently isolating” at home when the convoy arrives at parliament.
    He was “exposed” (sure he was…) and tested negative…but that’s his excuse not to face reality and a country in turmoil.

A true leader would stand up in front of the crowds with an inspirational speech that would resonate over loud speakers for blocks on end.

Instead he sent a Tweet out to get vaccinated…

This convoy isn’t about vaccinating a few truckers.

It’s a message to parliament that Canadian’s are fed up with their leader’s overreach, mandates, and lock downs.

The people are sending a message that enough is enough, regardless of their stance on the vaccine.

It’s not just 60,000 trucks rolling either. Thousands and thousands of passenger vehicles are joining to share the message.

They started a Facebook page just nine days ago. It already has 339,000 members! Not views or the amount of people that look at the page, but people that have joined in support.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220128-114234.png

Rick Z
    Stark MN

When you were looking at the videos on you tube did you see eleven long-haired friends a’ Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I heard in the neighborhood of 38,000 trucks off the roads in Canada that did international runs. Most ran to Florida and Cali, delivering fruits and vegetables to Canada. Also, the US implemented the exact same restrictions. Wonder how this will effect lumber products again ?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good for the truckers people need to stand up for them selves and others. That Canadian weasel is disliked more then biden and that’s pretty impressive. Hope more industries continue down this path as well. I am in full support.

CaptainMusky

The trucker protest in Australia was very impressive as well. Its really crazy seeing what some other countries have done to their citizens. Literally locking them in their homes, arresting them for not wearing a mask outdoors.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’ll make it political……

DEFINATELY JOE BIDEN’S FAULT ON THIS ONE

Leftysrconfused

I’ll make it political……

DEFINATELY JOE BIDEN’S FAULT ON THIS ONE

I thought the question was name 1 good thing Brandon’s crew has done?

gregory
    Red wing,mn

When you were looking at the videos on you tube did you see eleven long-haired friends a’ Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus?

I saw the cab over Peter with a reefer on and jimmy hauling hogs…
    Lol 😂

Rick Z
    Stark MN

I was hoping someone would recognize that!

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rick Ziesmer wrote:</div>

Lol 😂

Pig Pen this here’s Rubber Ducky and I’m bout to put the hammer down!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rick Ziesmer wrote:</div>

Lol 😂

Were they heading for Bear on I-10 about a mile outta shakey town? If so, I seen that too!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Its a great msg. Countries and people around the world are leading the way out of this government sanctioned catastrophe. UK, Sweden, Denmark etc. All taking the lead instead of the US……

Mike

It’s funny, with the amount of ‘watch your health’ threads popping up here you’d think folks would be willing to do the bare minimum to protect themselves and others against a virus that’s killed 874,000 Americans in the last 2 years..

Actual counts show that there were maybe a little over 100 trucks participating, but I know facts and accuracy aren’t a big deal for this crowd.

The chief global correspondent for Global News, David Akin, shared statistics from the Ontario Provincial Police which say only 113 trucks were recorded coming from Winnipeg, Manitoba into Thunder Bay, Ontario in the “convoy”.

In a statement, the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) says it “does not support and strongly disapproves” of any protests held on public highways, roadways, and bridges. CTA also says the “vast majority” of Canada’s trucking industry is vaccinated and most of them are busy working, freighting shipments between Canada and the United States, countering the idea 50,000 trucks formed a convoy anywhere in the country.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The chief global correspondent for Global News, David Akin

Is that like the Ministry of Truth? There’s plenty of videos out there that would put it well over 113, and likely far less than 50,000.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s funny, with the amount of ‘watch your health’ threads popping up here you’d think folks would be willing to do the bare minimum to protect themselves and others against a virus that’s killed 874,000 Americans in the last 2 years..

Actual counts show that there were maybe a little over 100 trucks participating, but I know facts and accuracy aren’t a big deal for this crowd.

The chief global correspondent for Global News, David Akin, shared statistics from the Ontario Provincial Police which say only 113 trucks were recorded coming from Winnipeg, Manitoba into Thunder Bay, Ontario in the “convoy”.

In a statement, the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) says it “does not support and strongly disapproves” of any protests held on public highways, roadways, and bridges. CTA also says the “vast majority” of Canada’s trucking industry is vaccinated and most of them are busy working, freighting shipments between Canada and the United States, countering the idea 50,000 trucks formed a convoy anywhere in the country.

I’m healthy had the virus caught the sniffles dealt with it naturally.
    Why would I run and got some shot? Your theory never makes sense. If you are old and vulnerable then yeah. But young and healthy makes no sense beside making them dollars. Should I rush out and get the shot and all 5 boosters, so next month I’ll need a 6th. No thanks. Doesn’t mean we don’t watch our health.

CaptainMusky

I’m healthy had the virus caught the sniffles dealt with it naturally.
    Why would I run and got some shot? Your theory never makes sense. If you are old and vulnerable then yeah. But young and healthy makes no sense beside making them dollars. Should I rush out and get the shot and all 5 boosters, so next month I’ll need a 6th. No thanks. Doesn’t mean we don’t watch our health.

Also he’s totally ignoring the fact no amount of boosters is keeping people from contracting Omicron. Its just blasting through everyone.

buschman
    Pool 2

Mike, thanks for trying to steer this into “Liberal” facts.. Maybe this will be a good example of why you should get your information from somewhere else. I work directly with people that have trucks in this convoy. The statement above is comical. No where near reality. Don’t worry. Your new’s station will try to hide what is going on but the FACT is there are thousands of truck and even more of general public supporting this convoy. They are already arriving to Ottawa.

Dont worry about replying either.. Just take a minute to look at some videos tomorrow and Sunday.. If you still believe there are 100 trucks you cannot be helped.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

It would be a very different story if prostate exams were mandated… shock

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike wrote:</div>

Mike, thanks for trying to steer this into “Liberal” facts.. Maybe this will be a good example of why you should get your information from somewhere else. I work directly with people that have trucks in this convoy. The statement above is comical. No where near reality. Don’t worry. Your new’s station will try to hide what is going on but the FACT is there are thousands of truck and even more of general public supporting this convoy. They are already arriving to Ottawa.

Dont worry about replying either.. Just take a minute to look at some videos tomorrow and Sunday.. If you still believe there are 100 trucks you cannot be helped.

Yep. All you have to do is look at how the Ottawa police and politicians are preparing for “a little over 100 trucks”. Buschman, you’re right, some people can’t be helped. Canadian truckers rule!

munchy
    NULL

If you still believe there are 100 trucks you cannot be helped.

Counted by Dominion?

rotflol

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

It seems this convoy is why I am not working tomorrow, so they have my full support, I will try to find something else for them to protest when they are tired of this reason

B-man

Mike you might want to try getting your news from more than one source (as should everyone)

Do you really believe 874,000 people died FROM Covid or WITH Covid?

There’s a tad difference there….just a tad.

And yeah, there might be more than a hundred vehicles showing up.

There’s been many reports of “small” convoys seen. Like the one you’re talking about. That was a leaf.

Just a leaf…

….On a branch full of leaves…on a tree full of branches…that’s building to a trunk…which is leading them all together to the root of the problem.

iowa_josh

43 miles of cars and pickups and trucks. I read the news tried to play it off as a protest about road conditions at first. It sounds peaceful and that is good. Some of their restrictions are over the top and doubling down on bad decisions seems to be really making people mad.

buschman
    Pool 2

43 miles of cars and pickups and trucks. I read the news tried to play it off as a protest about road conditions at first. It sounds peaceful and that is good. Some of their restrictions are over the top and doubling down on bad decisions seems to be really making people mad.

Josh. I agree 100%. It is this simple.

They are just fed up. Vaccines, mask, virus, lockdown, etc… They are just fed up with everything. Mostly the forced media and mandates.

As said earlier. It’s worst there than here in Minnesota and the USA but similar concept. The government stepped over a line and the middle class trade that supports the economy is sick of it.

Trucker drivers have never done anything near this in the past and have the ability to cripple an economy if not available. More than any industry beside energy. That’s the point here. They can peacefully decline to work without leaving people to freeze but will send a shockwave through their essential goods. One that is big enough to make the government respond to the issue and debate it rather than hide and make up lies.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Its a great msg. Countries and people around the world are leading the way out of this government sanctioned catastrophe. UK, Sweden, Denmark etc. All taking the lead instead of the US……

The US could not lead their way out of a one-room schoolhouse with the exit sign over the door …..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.