Truckers convoy in Canada

• buschman
    Pool 2

I’m a Canadian driver who workes in Fargo daily. They took 2 hours off our drive time with their rolling blockade at Emerson yesterday. There are not many truckers, mostly religious folks and mennonites in this movement. You can’t praise truckers and then tie up those same truckers for hours. No support from me.

Cameron. If you don’t mind me asking.. who do you drive for? I am a Minnesotan that contracts and actually load these trailers to MB and ON weekly. I have two guys crossing at Pembina tomorrow. All I hear in your comment is that the border crossing has been smooth. I am not going to disagree or agree with the rest of the comment. The people you talk about are Canadians and being seen right now. If it’s a pile of mennies and religious people does not matter. The world can learn from them because they seem to be very peaceful yet loud.

By the end of next week we will know. I cannot say how much this will impact any of us. My original post was to show that the impact has started. It’s not something I see in a video or news pages. We are seeing it disrupt our business and the people we work with directly. We will not know how much impact it has for a week or weeks ahead.

buschman
    Pool 2

I also want to say thank you for not getting a vaccine or virus debate going here. We all have our opinions. I hope a thread like this can just keep a positive note. There are thousands of people north of us sitting out in the cold trying to have a voice. So far they are doing it efficiently and peaceful.

This could fizzle out Tuesday or spread into the USA next week. Thats very important to everyone on here. That’s my whole point. I don’t care who is vaccinated or whatever. Everyone here in the USA and Canada is going to feel the impact of this protest if you like it or not.

Cameron white

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cameron white wrote:</div>
    I’m a Canadian driver who workes in Fargo daily. They took 2 hours off our drive time with their rolling blockade at Emerson yesterday. There are not many truckers, mostly religious folks and mennonites in this movement. You can’t praise truckers and then tie up those same truckers for hours. No support from me.

Cameron. If you don’t mind me asking.. who do you drive for? I am a Minnesotan that contracts and actually load these trailers to MB and ON weekly. I have two guys crossing at Pembina tomorrow. All I hear in your comment is that the border crossing has been smooth. I am not going to disagree or agree with the rest of the comment. The people you talk about are Canadians and being seen right now. If it’s a pile of mennies and religious people does not matter. The world can learn from them because they seem to be very peaceful yet loud.

By the end of next week we will know. I cannot say how much this will impact any of us. My original post was to show that the impact has started. It’s not something I see in a video or news pages. We are seeing it disrupt our business and the people we work with directly. We will not know how much impact it has for a week or weeks ahead.

I drive for a major ltl carrier. The point of my comment is this movement is not about truckers being vaxxed. That’s moot. You need to be vaxxed to get in the states now. That argument is no longer valid. If you want to protest the rest of the restrictions, I’m right there with that. Border crossing both ways has been smooth except for Saturday and a day previous when they did the same thing. You cannot say “ thank you truckers” then tie up those same truckers.

B-man

I think that most people who have been following this will agree that it’s no longer about a smaller percentage of truckers refusing the mandates.

However, those few sparks have started a forest fire that was waiting to take flame.

It’s been a long two years of bullshit here in the states, but nothing like what you guys have been putting up with (until now). It went from “two weeks to slow the spread” to “show me you’re papers” in a hurry.

To that I’ll toast the truckers involved, and give thanks for literally and figuratively getting the wheels moving.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think he was saying thank you truckers for putting a foot down and being part of the protest. Not that they are vaxed or not.
    It’s that they are helping to have a voice for the people of Canada. That they are fed up with the mandates and being a prisoner for not wanting a vaccine. I assume that’s why he is saying thank you. Tying up the borders and the city is a part of the voice. And it’s a voice that needs to be heard.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think that most people who have been following this will agree that it’s no longer about a smaller percentage of truckers refusing the mandates.

However, those few sparks have started a forest fire that was waiting to take flame.

It’s been a long two years of bullshit here in the states, but nothing like what you guys have been putting up with (until now).

To that I’ll toast the truckers, and give thanks for literally getting the wheels rolling.

I’ll toast to that as well. If people can’t see the governments over stepping, then I’m just absolutely baffled. And no one must have any understanding of history.

Cameron white

I think he was saying thank you truckers for putting a foot down and being part of the protest. Not that they are vaxed or not.
    It’s that they are helping to have a voice for the people of Canada. That they are fed up with the mandates and being a prisoner for not wanting a vaccine. I assume that’s why he is saying thank you. Tying up the borders and the city is a part of the voice. And it’s a voice that needs to be heard.

Maybe you misunderstood me if your post was directed at me. The movement lost all support from me. Period. I will not support any movement that hurts drivers directly. End of story. Guys missed their appointment times in both directions because of the delay from the protests at the border. You don’t get those two hours back.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Admittedly, I don’t know much about this. So I did some reading up on it.
    Apparently over 90% of Canada’s truckers are already vaccinated, correct? BBC has now reported that a National war memorial has been vandalized along with the tomb of the unknown soldier in Ottawa. I don’t know if BBC is a legit reporting news source but desecration of public property is not something I can get behind. Especially one that honors the Canadian military.

Protesting rarely stays peaceful. Regardless of what the purpose is or the protest is for, it seems to always escalate.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Apparently over 90% of Canada’s truckers are already vaccinated, correct? BBC has now reported that a National war memorial has been vandalized along with the tomb of the unknown soldier in Ottawa. I don’t know if BBC is a legit reporting news source but desecration of public property is not something I can get behind. Especially one that honors the Canadian military.

Protesting rarely stays peaceful. Regardless of what the purpose is or the protest is for, it seems to always escalate.

Not sure on the truth of it, but I heard antifa was being brought in to turn it in to a down town mpls situation. Makes the peaceful protest look terrible. And again I obviously have no clue on the truth of that. I am not for any form of destruction at all. But I am 100 percent behind the voice of the people

B-man

The Terry Fox statue was defaimed by placing a sign in his arms, a flag on his back (I read he wore one while running), and an upside down flag (which symbolizes a country in distress).

All of which have since been removed. The tomb was “vandalized” when some dumb ass climbed up on the base for a picture

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220130-192652-1.png

2. Screenshot_20220130-192652.png

3. Screenshot_20220130-1922492.png

4. Screenshot_20220130-1922342.png

Cameron white

90 percent of the cross border drivers are vaxxed. Big difference. The cdl driver number is in the 65-70 percent range.

The Terry fox memorial was incredibly disrespectful. I wouldn’t call it vandalism.

The war memorial and the tomb of the unknown soldier incident were incredibly disrespectful, but not vandalism in my books.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

90 percent of the cross border drivers are vaxxed. Big difference. The cdl driver number is in the 65-70 percent range.

The Terry fox memorial was incredibly disrespectful. I wouldn’t call it vandalism.

The war memorial and the tomb of the unknown soldier incident were incredibly disrespectful, but not vandalism in my books.
    [/quote]

Thanks for clarifying.

buschman
    Pool 2

Cameron, I hear ya. Thanks for the reply.

I am the guy in the corner fighting to get you loaded faster and eliminate the garbage that ties up our efficacy. There is so much “stupid” in this industry already filled up by rules, regulations and politics. However the most important things seem overlooked and forgiven. It’s crazy!!! That’s just what I see and is just my opinion. I am ok to just leave it at that.

The problem here is that everyone in this industry has to pick up the slack when others are not. We cannot stop or tomorrow will be tougher. You have to leave politics and opinions as that and keep working. This is why it is hard to listen to the “poor me” or “poor them” theory. It’s hard to swallow when every rule, mandate, or restrictions “created” make it harder to do our jobs with any efficiency.

This is why I will be passionate about this convoy and respect it. I don’t care who they are, what color, religion or sex. It’s not about that. Just some Canadians pissed off and had enough.

Cameron white

Cameron, I hear ya. Thanks for the reply.

I am the guy in the corner fighting to get you loaded faster and eliminate the garbage that ties up our efficacy. There is so much “stupid” in this industry already filled up by rules, regulations and politics. However the most important things seem overlooked and forgiven. It’s crazy!!! That’s just what I see and is just my opinion. I am ok to just leave it at that.

The problem here is that everyone in this industry has to pick up the slack when others are not. We cannot stop or tomorrow will be tougher. You have to leave politics and opinions as that and keep working. This is why it is hard to listen to the “poor me” or “poor them” theory. It’s hard to swallow when every rule, mandate, or restrictions “created” make it harder to do our jobs with any efficiency.

This is why I will be passionate about this convoy and respect it. I don’t care who they are, what color, religion or sex. It’s not about that. Just some Canadians pissed off and had enough.

Once they start using drivers and loads as collateral damage, I can’t support that one bit. We’re out here doing our job. If you don’t agree with us, fine. Don’t get in our way and prevent us from doing our job.

buschman
    Pool 2

Also, on the 90% vaccinated.

I can tell you this. The survey is not the entirety of the CDL drivers.

This is no different in the USA.

Specific company’s are partnered with the transportation alliance or groups within the industry. This is to achieve a status and that is ok but only represents a portion of employees or drivers on the road.

In the USA most companies that run CDL are small fleet operators(80%). This includes single owner operators and fleets that run under mileage or # capacity/drivers. Most of this portion do not report to the alliance or group. Just a heads up anyways.

I cannot give out company name but have asked over 40 carrier large and small.

I hear 72-12% vaccinated from a portion that I asked. They do not have to tell me but some do. I guess I have no weight but my word. Where does the 90%come from?? Just a reminder to ask yourself.

buschman
    Pool 2

To be clear this is US/Canadian carriers that cross the border. 8-50 drivers. Just giving you what I am hearing 1st hand last week.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Where does the 90%come from??

It’s what I read on BBC. Cameron already clarified the difference in cross border drivers and CDL driver for vaccination rates. I wasn’t about to read CNN or Fox or another major news network to try and get some information about this, so BBC was what I went with.

BBC also reported that the monuments were “vandalized” and it appears that they weren’t physically damaged, only disrespected. Hopefully it stays that way too.

Cameron white

Also, on the 90% vaccinated.

I can tell you this. The survey is not the entirety of the CDL drivers.

This is no different in the USA.

Specific company’s are partnered with the transportation alliance or groups within the industry. This is to achieve a status and that is ok but only represents a portion of employees or drivers on the road.

In the USA most companies that run CDL are small fleet operators(80%). This includes single owner operators and fleets that run under mileage or # capacity/drivers. Most of this portion do not report to the alliance or group. Just a heads up anyways.

I cannot give out company name but have asked over 40 carrier large and small.

I hear 72-12% vaccinated from a portion that I asked. They do not have to tell me but some do. I guess I have no weight but my word. Where does the 90%come from?? Just a reminder to ask yourself.

Can’t speak to the us stats. None available yet. The number of Canadian drivers has not dropped dramatically according to the cbp people I fish with, so the 90 percent number is probably close.

buschman
    Pool 2

Once they start using drivers and loads as collateral damage, I can’t support that one bit. We’re out here doing our job. If you don’t agree with us, fine. Don’t get in our way and prevent us from doing our job.

Yep, that’s the straw that broke the back.

buschman
    Pool 2

It’s what I read on BBC.

Yep. Maybe you should read my reply again.
    Sure they got some “#” from the transportation alliance. I am just full of poop I guess because I hear it from the people that own the trucks and don’t believe what the BBC reports. 👌

Cameron white

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cameron white wrote:</div>

Yep, that’s the straw that broke the back.

I’m talking about this movement, not the government. It was protesters delaying us.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I am just full of poop I guess because I hear it from the people that own the trucks and don’t believe what the BBC reports.

Wouldn’t say that Buschman. I just don’t know much about it so I had to look somewhere lol. I don’t doubt that you have some insider knowledge of this situation.

buschman
    Pool 2

I’m talking about this movement, not the government. It was protesters delaying us.

Sorry for the confusion. I thought you caught up and added 2 hours open on elog. Haha. Was wondering what happened there and why I was asking. I understand.

Ripjiggen

Hmm interesting..From the horses mouth.

john reisch

Just bear in mind that every single thing you hear, see or read has been passed through a filter to support a point of view. Things are either included,distorted, or purposely left out to support that point of view.

Gitchi Gummi

Thank you for sharing your first hand point of view… Getting it directly from “the horses mouth” makes it hard to ignore, although many will.

CaptainMusky

The government is trying to get control over the GoFundMe that was set up to help these truckers. Did they ever try to get the GoFundMe or other donations for BLM?
    I am not a fan of them blocking others from doing their job. The complete blocking of roads isnt a good thing for multiple reasons including cases where emergency vehicles need to get through. That wouldnt be a good look if they impeded emergency personnel from responding to an incident.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

What percentage of drivers are Vaccinated we will never truly know. The # I Would like to know is, what % of them who got vaccinated would have if it was not a Mandate by a employer or a Government to be able to cross the border. I’m sure there are many who only got vaccinated in order to keep their job – And that is a sad thing rather its in Canada or Here in the US.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I am not a fan of them blocking others from doing their job. The complete blocking of roads isnt a good thing for multiple reasons including cases where emergency vehicles need to get through. That wouldnt be a good look if they impeded emergency personnel from responding to an incident.

This is kinda what I was getting at in an earlier post when I indicated that protests in general escalate and often get out of hand. I’ve never protested anything and I never intend to. Blocking a highway or inciting violence or defacing memorials or looting or burning or whatever is often the result. People who are not really associated with the original protest often show up to cause a riot because they can. We’ve seen it many times before. I really don’t care if you’re protesting police brutality, an election, or a trucker vaccine mandate. Law enforcement doesn’t know if you’re there peacefully or if you’re there to cause trouble.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.