• LenH
    Wisconsin

Fished from 8am until 11am

22 browns to hand

Size range 10-19 inches.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

LenH:

My brother’s son is finally able to drive and took his first opportunity to chase some trout on the Black Earth. Managed 4 in an hour, good stuff for a kid of 16!!! So they went back out west of Madison and tapped into some our old memory spots. After four hours and getting his son to quit the bomb cast and working the entire hole to catch more than one or two out of a hole/riffle, etc., he started putting quite a few in hand. Brad told me that over their four hours they put 50 or so in hand and released all but the injured and a couple others to make up their only limit of the year.

Good stuff and brings up memories of the old timer I met on that stretch fishing for his last time on closing weekend as he had cancer wasn’t supposed to make it through the winter. I wasn’t keeping any fish until I met him. He was having trouble getting any to go, so I kept my limit and gave him four of the five so he could show his friends that he had caught some fish. The largest fish I cleaned that I gave him had about a 4″ snapping turtle in its gut. We shared a shot of brandy or whiskey or what ever it was and an Old Style, I took home a beautiful 20 1/2 inch trophy and made a dying man’s last weekend in trout country more memorable. Doesn’t EVER get any better than that!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.