Any wisconsin trappers?

• muskybones

I am want to start trapping for coon and stuff this year. I have had my license since I was 11 or 12 and never had anyone to show me how what to do and how to do it, and why that way. I had a guy do some beaver trapping this last spring Where we caught 5 beaver in a week and a half and needless to it got my blood plumping as all I want to do is hunt fish and now it appears to be trapping to. Is there anyone near the eau Claire area that would want to take a 19 Year old out on there trap line. By close I mean anywhere within a 2 hours or so I will travel. Or I could pay someone to come help to my place and help me out

Thanks,
    Chris

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Sure wish you were closer. I’m actually mentoring 2 others this year and have properties to take them on. You took the right step in seeking out someone. Hopefully the right mentor comes your way!

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I would be more than happy to mentor you the only problem is I’m in MN. I would suggest watching videos on you tube. There are a few good one on there that you can work from there with. Trapping is alot of trial and error. I’ve been doing it for 36 years and never quit learning or trying new methods. Don’t wait for someone to teach you if you can’t find a mentor. Just go for it and talk with others. You will figure it out faster then you think. Good Luck. Don’t be afraid to post questions….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.