Thanks James and crew

• arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

We fished the Oconto River river today with rippin raps today. We did well. No 30″ in the boat. I had a big one that got off right on the edge of the net in the first 5 minutes. We caught plenty of fish. Most of them were in the 20’s. The picture is 2 at 24″ caught at the same time.

All the fish we caught were post spawn. The water temp was 53 degrees.

We caught a couple big Suckers and we had a big Sturgeon on for about 5 minutes.

Thanks for the great shows and the details you give on them.

Attachments:
    1. 536-MMS-1429217494-attachment1-IMG952015041695141541821.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We fished the Oconto River river today with rippin raps today. We did well. No 30″ in the boat. I had a big one that got off right on the edge of the net in the first 5 minutes. We caught plenty of fish. Most of them were in the 20’s. The picture is 2 at 24″ caught at the same time.

All the fish we caught were post spawn. The water temp was 53 degrees.

We caught a couple big Suckers and we had a big Sturgeon on for about 5 minutes.

Thanks for the great shows and the details you give on them.

You’re most welcome. And thanks for letting us know how you did. waytogo

Paul Delaney

Nice job with catching the walleyes on the Rippin Raps and hope you had fun using them. They are an awesome lure to catch fish on and very effective in both shallow water and in deeper water. We have been continuing to catch great numbers of walleyes still with all the fish being postspawn at this point.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I’ve said it before this is one of those lures that will go down in fishing history. They will not always be the hottest lure of the day but always get a fishes attention. These are my number one searching tools on the ice. I personally have never fished a lure that actually seems to aggravate a fish to strike when they are not in a feeding mode like these do. Nice catch, thanks for sharing.

ndrangerguy
    West Fargo, ND

Epic lure. We fished a SD lake Saturday pitching jigs and minnows slowly scratching out a 2 man limit of 17-20 inches over 5 hours. I decided to try pitching a ripping rap just for fun. 19″ on the first cast and proceeded to boat 4 more 19-20 on my next 9 casts. 5 decent fish in no time. I wish I would have started out the morning with a ripping rap on the end of my line.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.