Super Bowl LIII

• Rod Bent

Lowest scoring ever in Super Bowl. Absolutely loved it! Edelman is a real berserker.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I enjoyed the game since I had no one I preferred to win. I was sort of leaning towards the Rams but it is what it is and I thought it was a good game. Clean game penalty-wise. There were a few flags but nothing like some of the game and I thought it nice to see the stripes letting the guys play on the receivers.

I was amazed at the low scores.

Savage Brewer
    Savage, MN

What the Superbowl was last night? I was watching something that put me to sleep around 6:30…

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Seems like the adds in the first quarter were more humorous.

Personal favorite was the Hyundia Elevator add. Cracked me up….

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I don’t get the people who called this game “boring”. If I’d have been a fan of either team, I’d have been on the edge of my seat sweating and swearing at the screen for the entire 12 hours or whatever it takes to play a Superbowl now. Boring???? A nearly scoreless nail biter that was up for grabs until late in the 4th Q>? That’s what you call boring?

Calling that game boring makes you sound like a “fan” who only watches 1 game a year and pays more attention to the commercials and posting Instagram pictures of themselves at the oh-so-hip Superbowl party they’re throwing. Look at me. Look at me.

Great game. The best coached, best-executed Superbowl on both sides in recent memory. Tremendous defensive work on both sides and terrific stamina to be able to hold up to constant pressure for 3.5 quarters without breaking.

If you thought that was boring, you should quit watching football entirely.

Grouse

Dan
    Southeast MN

Seems like the adds in the first quarter were more humorous.

Does anyone know if there’s a price difference in ads depending on time/game placement? You’re going to get a ton of viewership right away I would assume. The rest could be a wild card. In a game that comes down to the end, those 4th quarter ads could be money. But if the game’s out of reach, a lot of people may have tuned out, meaning the money you spent for that slot doesn’t hold the same value as an earlier slot.

And also…….yeah I don’t think the game was boring. I admit I couldn’t catch it all due to having to get up way to early for work, but from what I saw there was a lot of field position gamesmanship, a lot of decisions that needed to be made on 4th-and-short, somewhat field goal range, etc. Plenty of people complained about the Chiefs/Rams game, about the conference championship games, now people are complaining about the exact opposite, a low-scoring game…

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Does anyone know if there’s a price difference in ads depending on time/game placement?

Absolutely! Placement affects cost.

Company I work for purchased a last minute opening for a reduced price this year. Full price was out of the question. So bargaining is also on the table.

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t get the people who called this game “boring”. If I’d have been a fan of either team, I’d have been on the edge of my seat sweating and swearing at the screen for the entire 12 hours or whatever it takes to play a Superbowl now. Boring???? A nearly scoreless nail biter that was up for grabs until late in the 4th Q>? That’s what you call boring?

Calling that game boring makes you sound like a “fan” who only watches 1 game a year and pays more attention to the commercials and posting Instagram pictures of themselves at the oh-so-hip Superbowl party they’re throwing. Look at me. Look at me.

Great game. The best coached, best-executed Superbowl on both sides in recent memory. Tremendous defensive work on both sides and terrific stamina to be able to hold up to constant pressure for 3.5 quarters without breaking.

Grouse

It was one pretty boring game to watch, and I watch lots of football. If you like to watch continuous punting and virtually no offense, then yes so great then. And it’s the super bowl the one time of the year the commercials are supposed to be good. But for instantgraming I guess I missed the look at me look at me part. Maybe next time I’ll make one and send it to you, me the wife and my kid watching the game. We really whooped it up with the look at me scenario. Defense played great on both sides. But watching back to back punts get boring.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Also agree, game was fine. Nothing wrong with a good defensive battle. Really surprised Vegas odds makes got it so wrong.

Halftime show? Agree with what James H has said…. “Not buying the product the NFL is putting out these days.” Who are they marketing to? 13-20 year old girls? Who is actually paying the bills here?

-J.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Not to mention it was a classic for any hard core punting fan. I only had it on for a while in the background but it struck me as an exceptionally well played game in that respect.

Grouse

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Not to mention it was a classic for any hard core punting fan. I only had it on for a while in the background but it struck me as an exceptionally well played game in that respect.

Is this a joke, or is there actually such a thing as a hardcore punting fan?

Hoyt4
    NULL

Was a great game and watch them sock it out with D was great. Let them play no flags for most part.

Rick Janssen

I work for a CBS TV station as an account rep for commercials and YES, timing is everything. Although for us, anything IN GAME is priced the same UNLESS some business request a special spot (right before of after half time) then they pay a higher price, but that is the same for any TV program. Our prices start with all the pre-game shows and go up from their. I do not get to sell the national ads, only those for my local station. If you noticed, they local ads were only in a few spots through out the game and not many at that. I think the best deal going for my clients is the local spot just before kick off. This is not considered In Game so I can sell it for 1/2 of an in game commercial but I am guessing most people are sitting and ready for kick off even if it is not in game.

I thought the commercials were fair to partly cloudy. -)

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

It was a nice display of defense but also some pretty bad offense by the Rams. Numerous dropped balls and bad throws.
    If the Rams make it back anytime soon we’ll hopefully see a more relaxed Goff.
    The halftime show was over produced. It’d be nice to see a good band just jam for fifteen minutes with 50% less mayhem.
    They’ve raised expectations far above what they deliver.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The halftime shows have been horrible for quite some time.

I don’t know if I would call the game boring, but I sure as hell wouldn’t call it exciting. I think everyone at my house (5 women) got sick of me saying Tide Pods every time Gronk caught a pass.

I would have liked a couple more turnovers. When Brady tossed that int it seemed like it was going to be an exciting game, but no. I have no idea why they didn’t have more plays designed plays and touches for Gurley.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Legit question

Attachments:
    1. 20190204_170058.jpg

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

I think there is a big story about Gurley that hasn’t been told. He also sat out too many times in close playoff games.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Best thing about this game is Sean Payton will be tearing his hair out. applause

The most relatable comment in this entire thread.
    toast

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tegg wrote:</div>

Is this a joke, or is there actually such a thing as a hardcore punting fan?

Perhaps a very small minority. Who’s to say what may attract someone to the game.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

That was just about the worst Super abowl I can remember. The Pats defense was the only thing worth watching. Even Tom Brady looked human. Goff looked 12 years old. Commercials were hardly any better than a Sunday afternoon in December.

Halftime show was absolutely terrible. Maroon 5 is forgettable shopping mall noise, and then they added two token rappers to please the locals and topped it off with f-ing SpongeBob.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Halftime show was absolutely terrible. Maroon 5 is forgettable shopping mall noise, and then they added two token rappers to please the locals and topped it off with f-ing SpongeBob.

jester waytogo waytogo

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Thumb wrote:</div>

jester waytogo waytogo

Perfect reason of why I haven’t watched a halftime show since…… the incident that made “wardrobe malfunction” a common word…

Viewing 22 posts - 91 through 112 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.