Strikemaster 24v vs Strikemaster 40v

• onestout
    Hudson, WI

Would be nice if they would get rhe 24v in stock, I have been looking since March, so 8 months of no inventory.

gonehunting

I’m guessing retailers have them all. I seen them at Fleet Farm and Scheels in Fargo this week.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Would be nice if they would get rhe 24v in stock, I have been looking since March, so 8 months of no inventory.

Where have you been looking? I saw them for sale here in the metro yesterday.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m guessing retailers have them all. I seen them at Fleet Farm and Scheels in Fargo this week.

I’ve been told Rapala doesn’t plan to sell any of the 24v or 40v augers online this winter, choosing instead to support their retail partners.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>onestout wrote:</div>

Where have you been looking? I saw them for sale here in the metro yesterday.

I have been looking at Reeds and Cabelas. Best I have found is Reeds says preorder and Cabelas has had nothing but the 8″. Are there other places that I should be looking?

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

I have been looking at Reeds and Cabelas. Best I have found is Reeds says preorder and Cabelas has had nothing but the 8″. Are there other places that I should be looking?
    [/quote]

I would expand to include Scheels, Joe’s sporting goods, Marine general, Fleet Farm, possibly even Gander Outdoors, Glenn’s army navy, Runnings, Pro fishing supply these are just a few of the big options. Don’t forget about even your local baitshop, they too could possibly be getting it in stock. There is alot more options out there than just Cabelas and Reeds.

Brittman

Holst is probably right on the Rapala on-line strategy … I saw plenty of SM in stock at MF yesterday.

Also … Rapala website shows the extra 24V battery as out of stock on-line, but most retailers are selling on-line and show as available.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Rapala is not selling them direct this year. They are only supporting the retail channel due to demand.

Scheels has them…I ordered one last week and had it overnight with free shipping. They also have them in the stores.

Brittman

Scheels does have the 24V … it is in their ice fishing email add and the link is live (in stock).

Cabelas has a huge pile of 40V.

I would not wait too long.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Cabela’s, Fleet Farm, Joe’s, Scheels, Gander….none of them have a 24v 6″ and Reeds is preorder telling me they don’t have it either. does anyone actually know of anywhere this is in stock or are we just naming sporting goods stores?

vinella

Cabela’s, Fleet Farm, Joe’s, Scheels, Gander….none of them have a 24v 6″ and Reeds is preorder telling me they don’t have it either. does anyone actually know of anywhere this is in stock or are we just naming sporting goods stores?

Doesn’t look like my links posted correctly, but looks like both Pro Fishing Supply and Up North Sports has the 6″ in stock.

No idea what happened above. I can’t get them to delete. Sorry.

Reed

Scheels in Eden Prairie has the 8″ 24v, 8″ 40v, and 10″40v in stock. I was just there and pick up a 24v this afternoon.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>onestout wrote:</div>

Doesn’t look like my links posted correctly, but looks like both Pro Fishing Supply and Up North Sports has the 6″ in stock.

No idea what happened above. I can’t get them to delete. Sorry.

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Cabelas has limited stock of the 24v 6″….mine should be here Wednesday.

shawnf
    Maple Grove

Pat, Why did you switch halfway through the season was it not enough power to get through the thicker ice just wondering

CaptainMusky

Pat, Why did you switch halfway through the season was it not enough power to get through the thicker ice just wondering

Im guessing its because of ice thickness and where he tends to fish. I fish LOW late in the year and that ice can be well over 3 feet. A 24 volt would no doubt do it, but 40 volt will do more holes.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Once you start getting around 20″ of ice it takes a lot more power to drill through that much ice, ice chips, and slush if you have that. The 24V still has plenty of power to deal with it, but it does tend to drain the battery a little bit faster. The battery capacity of the 40V makes sure I can drill holes all day even when the ice gets really thick.

Tia

Hi everyone, thought I would piggy-back my question re: Strikemaster 24V here.

I got mine last year and it’s life-changing! I am a run-and-gun kinda fisherperson, so trading my 43cc gas Rapala (aka: Big Bertha) in for this beauty as really upped my game as to what I can haul and for how long.

I never ran out of battery, even on 2ft, late ice, but I want to buy a backup battery just in case.

Do these units take only SM batteries?

Thanks all.
    T

KP
    Hudson, WI

Yes, you should only put Strikemaster batteries in them.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tia wrote:</div>

Yes, you should only put Strikemaster batteries in them.

Based on reports, they work with Greenworks batteries but the extreme cold performance is not as good as the Strikemaster batteries.

shawnf
    Maple Grove

In everyone’s opinion do you think the 24 V will hold up as well as the 40 V drill in 20 to 30 holes in light ice?

Reef W

In everyone’s opinion do you think the 24 V will hold up as well as the 40 V drill in 20 to 30 holes in light ice?

I drilled ~10 in a bit over 12″ with 24v and it still showed full charge.

Viewing 24 posts - 31 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.