Think it’ll clear up?

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I’m chomping at the bit to get some fishing in this fall on the Cedar. I’m hoping when the water finally starts coming down, it’ll clear up for the fall. What time of year does it usually clear up?

honda75
    Iowa

Hoping it just goes down a bit. Duck and goose season is right around the corner and I need my spot to be just right.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Usually around the time the leaves are dropping it clears up good. Visability is pretty good then and the smallies and crappies are biting good too. Hit the stumps and deadfalls in slow or calm water for crappies with a slip bobber and minnows. Smallies are in a little deeper water and thier still feeding on jigs and crawlers plus spinners and crankbaits. Any area that looks good for walleyes and has produced in the past will start to go, I like to fish the 4′ to 8′ depts at this time. Thats the time i’ll be out on the water after this heat comes to an end.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Wait for October, I don’t know if there’s any significance, but if the flow is normal for that time of year, the water’ll really clear up when the temp hits the mid to low fifties.

janning

Hey I walleye_wisdom, just wondering if you have been out on the Cedar here in CF lately or not. I was planning on it today but got caught up in some homework. Anyone else been out lately, if so hows the water looking?

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I got out today around 1:30 and fished till about 5:00. Caught several smallies and a couple small walleye with some Redhose Suckers thrown in, and a small crappie. Water was about 7-9″ vis and still pretty high.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Water’s quite a bit better, I’ve been out a couple times with limited success, and had an OK day early last week. Dork rigging crawlers on breaks and seams has been the go to for my boat with the hihg flow. Hopefully after I get my wedding out of the way I can spend a little more time and write a report.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.