Friday 4/20/07

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Fished below the dam for an hour or so today before track practice and caught two smallies going about 13″ and a 12″ Walleye. Snagging more carp than limbs or rocks right now…

honda75
    Iowa

I fished below the dam today in waverly at location X. Caught one small eye and smallie and my old mans buddy caught a nice eye but released it. Will be there again in the morning.

walleye_wisdom

went down again tonight after dinner, caught nothing. Saw people catching some smallies, and of course catfish and carp.

honda75
    Iowa

Heading to the cedar in about 15min. here in waverly to try my luck again.

honda75
    Iowa

Fished this morning for a bit. Caught two small eyes and two small smallmouth. Going to try early in the am above the dam in waverly in the boat.

honda75
    Iowa

Fished above the dam this morning with little luck. We caught one smallmouth had a couple more bites but that was it. River is still up and the wind was blowing hard. Really made it hard to fish. here is a pic of my boat if you ever see it up there give me a shout.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Don’t forget to get your new registration sticker on, it’s due the 30th

honda75
    Iowa

Ya i have them just haven’t put them on yet. I will wait till the last min. to make it look like i haven’t given the state the rip off registration raise this year.

flatheadsareus

Went up to the upper iowa, turkey river and little paint this weekend and had some sucess with the smallies and trout, however no eye’s above 14 inches, and the same thing has been going for me here on the cedar. I have been gettin nice smallies on two inch twisters and tubes, but no eyes? Just for discussion, whats everyones opinion on this.. water clarity, depth, water temps? I know I am just so dam anxious cause I am graduating school and moving out to Kalispell, Montana to live (great trout fishing!) yet, I LOVE THE CEDAR RIVER!! Funny how I feel like I could take these muddy waters over the crystal clear rivers of montana. LOL. COME ON WALLEYES!

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I just picked mine up Friday, still don’t have them on yet either.

walleye_wisdom

bjg-
    I think all the small walleye have to do with the post spawn period. I the walleyes are spawned out, and now recovering from the rigors of the spawn, where as the smaller eyes didn’t spawn, or it did not effect them near as much. I bet in two weeks or so we start picking up some 14-17″ eyes more regularly, probably males that have recovered from the spawn since they recover quicker than females. By that point we will be in the pre-summer period i bet and those big females will start feeding again more regularly. Hopefully that’s how it plays out….

flatheadsareus

and untill then its smalllieeeee time!! hows track been going man? Whatcha majoring in up here? We should hook up and go out sometime soon.

walleye_wisdom

bjg-
    Track is going alright, been really messed up with the weather lately. I’ll be running this weekend at the Drake Relays. Give me a shout sometime and we’ll get out. I’ve got finals next week, so i’m pretty busy, but soon as i get into a summer routine we’ll chase some fish.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.