Gull Chain Bass?

• haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I will be heading up to the Gull Chain in a week. i am just wondering how the bass bite has been and any tips that may help me and the Kids boat a few? I don’t want your honey hole, just what should I be looking for? Smaller fish is numbers is just fine for my 9 and 11 year old.
    Thanks,
    If you would like to PM me lease send it to
    [email protected]

envoy98
    Minneapolis, MN

Sylvan is supposed to be a good bass lake up there and the channel on Gull ( I think off Gull Dam Road) is usually good. If the water temp is in the upper 70’s, which I suspect it is, you’ll probably have to go deeper in the early afternoon through early evening. Topwaters should still produce in the morning and dusk. They have been around here anyway. I would look for transition spots in the 6-10 ft range that come off points/rocks/weedlines and have access to deeper water. Slow presentations like carolina rigs should work out there too. I’ll be honest, I haven’t fished up there yet this year but that’s the kind of stuff working down here for me.

If nothing else, bobber and crawler on the edge of the pads/weedline and see what bites. THe fish are going to go where they can find shade and a little cooler water in the high sun this time of year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.