KVD elite trebles

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

One thing I havn’t done that should be done, is replace certain treble hooks on my crankbaits. I use the kvd elite short shank 1x strong hooks on my red eye shads, but just havent messed with replacing my regular crankbait hooks. For those of you who use the KVD elite trebles, what have you found works best for different model of crankbaits? Do you go strictly long shank/round bends for your deep divers, or do you opt for the short shank in a #1? Interested in your guys thoughts!

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Gami and Owner in as wide of a gap that I can get away with – so that they don’t hang up on each other….

I even up size the trebles on my jerk baits in the spring – all short shank – wide gap.

The other benefit of increasing the size of the treble on Lucky Craft pointers is that they suspend better vs rising..

Dog

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

All Gamakatsu EWG (wide gap) trebs on mine. Similar to GD’s comments. I re-size as needed to prevent hooks catching on each other. The only exception is the use of the feathered trebs. Adding a feathered treb on the back of a jerk bait or any bait as far as that goes can add a lot of action. Especially if you have that “twitch” bite happening

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.