Skill Trade occupations

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I wish I could get into the Plumbers union. I tried saint paul and minneapolis last year and wasnt selected. Really really bummed me out so I hope this is the year. Did well on tests maybe my interviewing was bad. Even had a letter or recommendation. Hopefully this year.

Yep, see this post if you haven’t already. Exact same thing.

http://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/skill-trade-occupations/#post-1833446

Comes down to, do you need the job/work now? Or can you wait it out for the union gig, if/when that comes?

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AUTO_5 wrote:</div>

Oh, and bearcat, since your nose is already so far up every long-time sense maker’s a** here, you probably can’t hear me, but good luck to ya brother. Self-love and confidence are both right around the corner. Just keep digging!

Let mommy know how you been talking after you moved out.
    Oh wait bet you haven’t

Who’s the one getting sensitive again? wave

From landscaping to welding and steel fab/installation, forklift driving to HVAC, and just about everything in between, I’ve done a lot of different stuff over the years, whether it be for a job or on my own time.

I agree whole-heartedly with EPG that nothing beats busting ass and being part of building something you can be proud of, and the camaraderie that comes with it. You’ll never feel better physically and mentally than when you get home sore and too tired to think straight, as crazy as it sounds. The sense of pride and accomplishment is hard to beat. And you can bet your butt a cold beer will never taste as good as after working 13 hour days doing steel work in a 120° boiler room or a rooftop in the summer sun(or icy rooftops with nasty winter conditions).

But again, is it for everybody? No. Some are better equipped to handle that kind of workload than others.

Also, as was mentioned by a couple guys already, office/computer type jobs can weigh heavy on your brain and drive you up the wall. Not to mention eye strain and all the crap that comes from sitting around too much.

All in all, there are a lot of things to consider in determining the path you want to take, and everybody is different. One thing is for sure though— it doesn’t hurt to try something new.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s ok bud. I know many other guys who havent did well anywhere either they tried. Hard work isn’t for everyone. Some can try and try and try, they still have to keep looking.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>AUTO_5 wrote:</div>

Oh, and bearcat, since your nose is already so far up every long-time sense maker’s a** here, you probably can’t hear me, but good luck to ya brother. Self-love and confidence are both right around the corner. Just keep digging!

Let mommy know how you been talking after you moved out.
    Oh wait bet you haven’t

Who’s the one getting sensitive again? wave

From landscaping to welding and steel fab/installation, forklift driving to HVAC, and just about everything in between, I’ve done a lot of different stuff

Not quite old enough to do anything but dabble in them all, and I assume you never made the cut and that’s why the list is so long.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.