Onboard Charger Question

• efrommung
    Green Bay, WI

I am putting a charger in my new wx1880. Where are you guys mounting your chargers? Since the trolling motor batteries are underneath rod storage should I mount the charger in one of the storage comparments in the bow and run the cables to the batteries? I assume I want to be able to easily open the compartment that has the charger so it can let heat out when plugged in? Thanks for any info guys.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

My 1850 has the onboard charger under the rod locker next to the batteries.

trollingeyes
    Appleton, WI

I have a wx1850 also and mine is under the rod locker foreward of the batteries.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I know in my 1880 I had it in front of the batteries underneath the rod locker like mentioned. Same goes for the 1850 also. you can run the cord up the finger hole you use to get to the batteries and than also if you put the cord right in the center of the latch you will be able to shut the lid and it will close fully just wont latch.
    You can put it in either front storage locker if you wanted but the rod locker was the best place I found that was out of the way and easy to get to!!

efrommung
    Green Bay, WI

Thanks guys. I will probably put it ahead of the batteries as well. I bought the boat as a 2008 carry over and the marina wasn’t much help with rigging questions so I’m doing it myself. Thanks for the imput!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Feel free to give me a call 715 829 2160 or Sean at Skeeter boat center 715 833 0060 a call with any questions you have about rigging it. Would be glad to help out!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.