livewell wont turn on

• eyehabit
    WestBend Wisconsin

ok guy’s fished freemont on sunday and my livewell wouldnt fill pump didnt make any noise so iam assuming a blow fuse checked under the dash and the book and can’t find the fuse wx1950 fourth time on the water with it recirc pump works but not the fill pump any suggestions…dealer is 90 miles away and it’s prime river time don’t want to tie the boat up in the shop…..

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

check all the fuses if you haven’t already. Might even have a wire connection come apart or something. I know it’s a pain in the but you’ll have to get a voltage tester and start taking things apart. It ain’t goin to fix it’s self

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Check the bow area for a secondary fill switch that was inadvertently pushed

jerry b
    western WI

okay-okay, somebody has to say it- – Tell it you love it! ! jerr

eyehabit
    WestBend Wisconsin

no bow switch only had the boat a month.Bought brand new so sounds like the dealers pain not mine….lol Thought maybe was easy fix and not have to go to dealer.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Are you sure it is not turning on? Can you hear it running and it is not pumping?

If it runs and does not pump water, there is an air lock. Turn the pumps on and run the boat in reverse for a short period. This will force water past the airlock and into the pump.

-J.

eyehabit
    WestBend Wisconsin

fixed pulled every fuse again and found a 3 amp fuse blown that was the one. hopefully the pumps ok sounded fine but it’s not in the water so not doing much work,,,, ty all for replying

Denny O
    Central IOWA

3 amp fuse sounds small to me, I think I have a 5 or 7 amp in each of mine.

eyehabit
    WestBend Wisconsin

ok went out in boat yesterday pump ran but didn’t fill live well. So it must be plugged up somewhere and thats why the fuse blew. Called dealer and was told the could’nt get it in till after thanks giving. That was the wrong ansewer as the rivers are pounding right now. any one have suggestion….

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Not sure if this is wise advice, but if it’s plugged, maybe some sort of “gentle” snake / soft wire might work. Wouldn’t want to force things too much and create more problems, but it might be something worth trying. Good luck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.