An Outdoor Life Magazine showed up at my door….

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

In it was an article based on the sale of shed antlers. It was a unique read detailing what goes into the buying and selling of antlers and how the market has dropped significantly since game farms have almost flooded the supply end of the equation.

From my personal experience(2 sheds ever found by me) I have no doubt I’ll ever find a set worth selling….or at the very least a half a set…

It got me wondering how many people really do sell their antlers when they find them?

It wasn’t too long ago, my Dad had a guy call him wanting to measure up his antlers and possibly buy them, but after hearing about guys who had this done then the racks were stolen, he politely declined.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I do not sell mine (but they are always for sale). My cousin usually finds 50 or so each year and sells his mainly on Ebay. He recently sold an 89″ double main beam (not pretty) for $140. He does pretty well with this.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I have never sold any, But I have given dozens of sheds to school kids wanting to do knife handles or other art projects like lamps and chandeliers. I kinda wish I still had them for the shed pile

shednut
    22 feet up

I’ve never considered selling any of mine although at some time I suppose I will sell the smaller ones for a $ per pound price. At some point having boxes and feedsacks full of sheds in your basement just doesn’t make any sense. My large sheds or the one’s from bucks that have sentimental value will never be sold.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

First off I think everything is for sale. If a guy walked up and offered you 100k for your biggest and most meaningful shed I’d say most would be boxing it up for him. With that said, I have no plans of ever selling one of my sheds unless an offer significant enough comes along. I’m also not to the point where I have bags full of them either. I think if I’d find 50 a year I’d consider suplementing my income by letting a few go.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I just spent some time searching for pricing. It looks like Unless you have some real big ones they are going from $3-15 per pound. some as low as $1 per lb. looks like will be keeping all of mine.

john_steinhauer
    p4

I don’t find close to enough to think about selling them I’m still working on getting enough to try to make some stuff with them. This year I got 2, and allot of miles of walking.

prieser
    Byron, MN

This is exactly why people are finding more and more foot prints on their land.

Morels/Sheds/Ginseng…..people will trespass and poach it all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.