Weekend find

• coppertop
    Central MN

I’ve been hitting it hard every w-end and by the time friday rolls around I get the itch once again. Decided to take a half day of pto on friday and walked until just before sunset and came up empty handed. Saturday I hit a new piece that the deer have been coming out of to hit a standing cornfield but one again a goose egg. So Sunday I decided to concentrate on my hunting area hoping to find one of the small guys around. With the recent thaw I knew my swamp would be almost impossible because it had flooded over and refroze not to mention treacherous for walking as ice levels change in elevation as much as 6″ over a few strides. As I was about to call it a day there it was . I dug my chipping hammer out and went to work when I got whiff of something just not right. As I chipped down to the base of the antler I found it was still attached to the deer. All I could do at this point was mark my spot and come back later with a jackhammer or wait til spring, I choose ther latter. I’m afraid I may have to be content w/the only shed I found this year as the swamp has risen as much as 2ft near the creek and hard as ice! Not to mention the new snow.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

wow! That’s dedication! Congratulations

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats! You are such a deer junkie…

lick

Looks like he had some potential

Anyone else carry a chipping hammer shed hunting ? ?

Cool find

john_steinhauer
    p4

great find but at the same time sucks to find one of your bug that could of blew into somthing special

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Nice find other than the head is with it

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Ahhh man does that suck. And by the looks of your ATL pick you musta been doing a little dance at that point! I know I would have.

Make sure you post some pics of that dude later this spring when ya dig em’ out

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Great find!! Hopefully some critter doesn’t find it

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Congrats on your “Bittersweet” find Copper! You’re bound to find what you want considering how hard you work!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Looks like he had some potential

Anyone else carry a chipping hammer shed hunting ? ?

I am now! Cool find!

shednut
    22 feet up

Congrats on the find copper, too bad it’s still attached but at least you found him. I’m pretty sure you’re the only guy I know that carries a hammer while shedhunting Would probably double as a shed poacher deterrent also

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Congrats on the find copper, too bad it’s still attached but at least you found him. I’m pretty sure you’re the only guy I know that carries a hammer while shedhunting Would probably double as a shed poacher deterrent also

Yeah, I think secretly he brings it to smash neighbors trail cams after they snap his pic.

Jk Randy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.