Seeing my dad and both Grandpas in days long gone……

• basseyes

WICKED COOL!

Thanks for sharing that!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Very cool, great footage to have!

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Man, what a blessing to have that footage! Thanks for the share!

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Pretty awesome! Love the jaws boat! applause

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Pretty awesome! Love the jaws boat! applause

I forget the series but that’s an old Alumacraft. I’ll have some more footage including that boat down the road on the fishing side of the house but that boat is still in the family today! It sat a lot of years but one of my sisters took possession during that time and about 4 years ago, she and her husband patched up the leaks, tuned up the motor, and got her back on the water. Everyone that knew him knew that was his boat and even when we look at her today, we still refer to her as “Grandpa’s Boat”. She’s been approached 2x by someone recognizing the boat on the lake and they had to come check it out because they knew that Ken had passed on and wanted to know who owned it now and if they knew Ken. I heard the guys were pleased to hear that she was a grand daughter and then shared a story or two about Grand dad with her. I never thought about it until now but that might as well have been a trademark!

Thanks for the compliments guys! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve hugged my dad for trying to capture the essence of his experiences. He owned that camera before he owned a tv and he used his films to be the family entertainment. I’m just trying to keep his love and passion alive because I can see now, that many of the things I see, are long gone. They were special times as well as special people, and everyone’s family has a history and interesting stories and experiences to share. However, many get lost along the way and sometimes it seems there’s no longer a connection to our past. We’re so busy looking forward that we fail to notice what we’ve left behind.

Sorry about the tangent there…… I’m just fortunate to have had some great men in my life and I couldn’t love ’em more! Grandpa G has been gone since ’81, Grandpa M since ’96, but thank God I still have dad!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I forgot to add that the gun my dad was carrying into the boat was Grandpa M’s Remington 740 Woodsmaster .308. He had a whoppin’ 2-7x32mm Leupold VX-II scope mounted on her and that gun was passed on to me before he passed away. This footage just adds to the sentimental attachment I have for that rifle. I went on to harvest some whitetails with it but have since retired it, in full working condition.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.