Science Test

• stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

found this online:

http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/

while i consider myself to be a reasonably fart smeller, i got my comeuppance…
    10/12.

Was expecting the spread on education, but was pleasantly surprised by the ‘ethnicity’ spread..
    Glad the men were ‘smarter’ than the women. gotta have SOME edge…

My 11yo daughter got a 9/12… so the schools can’t be doing too bad a job…

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

11/12

Didn’t know who created the polio vaccine.

Congrats to your daughter. Those weren’t all easy questions. I’ll admit a few were educated guesses.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

yes, i was impressed by her too.

i guessed more than i want to admit and i even the the water-boiling question wrong the SECOND time i took it. still can’t figure it out. WATER BOILS AT THE SAME TEMPERATURE DAMMIT…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Damn, I knew that was the correct answer for magnifying glass, but I didn’t remember the image being reversed. Been a while.

What the hell did maria curry do then?

big_g
    Isle, MN

11 of 12… water boils at a lower temp in Denver apparently… and air in footballs is lower in NE

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Damn, I knew that was the correct answer for magnifying glass, but I didn’t remember the image being reversed. Been a while.

Everyone knows that Maria invented curry, DUH roll

munchy
    NULL

11 of 12… water boils at a lower temp in Denver apparently… and air in footballs is lower in NE

yes, i was impressed by her too.

i guessed more than i want to admit and i even the the water-boiling question wrong the SECOND time i took it. still can’t figure it out. WATER BOILS AT THE SAME TEMPERATURE DAMMIT…

The temperature which pure water boils is determined by the air pressure surrounding it. 212f/100c at sea level. Lower pressure, lower boiling point. Higher pressure, higher boiling point. Which is why pressure cookers are used, it allows the water temperature to be higher which speeds up cooking.

11/12, I’m not good at remembering people. It was a toss up between Currie and Salk for me.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Think about this. Everyone is familiar with humidity. You step outside, it’s 80 deg (no where near 212) and there’s boiled water in the air.

big_g
    Isle, MN

in Denver and LA too I assume ? crazy

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

lower air is more dense so it sinks faster or lower air is less dense so it rises?

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Lower air increases your chance of an NFL suspension getting overturned in court.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

12/12
    I had to stop and think about the difference in “ology” and “onomy” for human behaivor

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would think the longer this thread goes, the more 12/12 we will see…. answers coming out in above posts doah

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I would think the longer this thread goes, the more 12/12 we will see…. answers coming out in above posts  :doah:

I agree. I went 12/12 this time. laugh

big_g
    Isle, MN

I went 13/12… extra credit jester

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.