Mother’s Day, family, flowers and trout

• spindoctor

It’s been a little slow in coming, but Minnesota finally got a stretch of sunshine with some warm temperature, and the woodland flowers are in full bloom.

Last week was Mother’s Day and instead of getting a small bunch of flowers for my wife Susan I sort of changed things up a little and took her to the flowers.

And since we were in the area, it seemed only proper to do a little fishing as well.

We weren’t the only family out enjoying the spring weather, Mother and Father goose were out with several newly hatched goslings, and Mrs. Fox was outside the burrow with her family. This was probably this fox’s first litter because when we paused to take photos, rather than perform the typical diversions to distract us, this mother just took off for the hills leaving her kits completely amazed and bewildered. They looked to be teenagers so that may explain her actions.

I’ll place more photo’s on another upcoming post.
    Spindoctor.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

nice pics

I second that

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

spindoctor never seen a bunch of baby foxes. Wonderful shot! Your underwater photos are also fantastic!

spindoctor

This may have been a once in a life time shot. The burrow was dug into the side of a hiway road ditch and it just happened that the mother and kits were outside wrestling around when we drove by. She was probably a young vixen because I don’t think that an experienced mother would have set up house in this type of location. We shot these photos from about 50 yards out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.