Rod Holder Idea

• Ryan P
    Farmington

I’ve been thinking about this for a while and think I may try it out. On my Crestliner I have 2 rod holders in the rear corners of the boat and I want to add two more. I use my Bimini a lot on hot summer days so I’m thinking they need to stay in the rear of the boat. I was thinking about mounting a small table top to the top of a pedestal mount and mounting them on that and just putting them in the spot for the rear seat in the middle when we troll. Then they are easily removed when not needed. Any thoughts or opinions on this? I’ve been searching around online but haven’t found many pictures of what I’m invisioning in my brain.

munchy
    NULL

Are these rod holders going to be used for storage or fishing?

Ryan P
    Farmington

For fishing, trolling mostly…the drift master is cool but dang, I’m either way to cheap or far to redneck to justify spending that kinda money.

Ryan P
    Farmington

I stand corrected, the t-500 isn’t too bad price wise. The prices on some of the other items on that caught me off guard. I was kinda hoping to avoid drilling more holes in the boat but that is pretty nice.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Unless you have a seat post laying around, they’re not cheap.
    Unless you have rod holders laying around you’ll be buying some anyway.

Take a look at all driftmaster has to offer, it is all at a reasonable price. I have 3 of the T’s in my boat and 4 other driftmasters too, plus two saltys.

Driftmaster is not a catfish rod holder. Check out the pro duo. I love them for all species.

The only problem you’ll run into with driftmaster is when you get a bite and your not looking, your rod will stay doubled over until you look back… With them cheap, or rather, expensive plastic ones, a fish bite is noticed by the big creeeeaak noise. Driftmasters can be trusted with your $500 combos!!

You can maguyver it, but a few holes will probably suit you better.

Ryan P
    Farmington

I appreciate the feedback. Those look like a decent option. I was curious what others have done as well as placement in the boat. Would you rather have them all off the back or along the sides. I’ve never run more than two planer boards…one off each side.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Personally my trees are in each back corner, why, for maximum rod spacing, which is important running 4-6 rods.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

One thing I left out with driftmasters, and it is one of my favorite things about them…

Most rod holders have the reel in the rod holder and most the butt is inside the boat. With driftmasters, you put the butt in the rod holder, and what you end up with is better rod spacing, and no rod butts sticking way into the boat. Love it for that feature. A 10′ rod will be 10′ out the side of the boat, not 8’6″ because most the butt is in the boat.

Hope others comment to help you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.