November Fishing Reports and Pictures

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hope to have a better Nov than Oct! Post your reports and pic’s here from the Rock River & mighty Lake Koshkonong a.k.a the dead sea.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Hmmmm No reports from the weekend? Looking to make my first fall trip to the Rock on Friday, and hoping for some tips from the expert river rats who frequent it. Tight lips must mean fish, is all I can figure. See some of you out there.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Gonna try to get out Friday too, will be mid-day trip for me. If ya see the dog and I out there stop and we’ll compare notes…. Here’s hoping for light winds at least.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Sounds good. I should be out there first thing, and for the whole day. Have two joining me about 9 am. Will be in the Yarcraft. What’s your boat? Or just look for the dog running the bowmount?

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

A ProDrive boat and motor, hope to be on the water by 10am. As for the dog he’ll prolly be snoozing on the floor as there’s not enough room for both of us on the front deck….

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

there are no secrets anymore z-man and fished a few hours sunday one short and one legal sauger couple other bites but it was prett slow all down by the mouth area. nothing on plastics only bites on meat. water temp was 47

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You’ll need lots of distractions to stay entertained. Unfortunately no reports means it’s been really slow the last few weeks. Don’t expect limits but going home with a couple is still feasible. Big ones and little ones are mixed and scattered.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Good Luck Guys. Putting the boat away for the year. Foot injury has me sidelined for a bit and just too many kid/family activities going on now.

Who planned that anyway.

Probably hit a couple shore spot on other waters as I hear crappie have been on a tear from shore.

Be well and go get them.

D

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Well, possible change of plans here. Tow vehicle’s been in the shop with transfer case problem. Not likely to get it back today. If not, then will pull out the winter boat and still try to fish somewhere tommorrow. One thing for sure, can’t catch them from the couch or from work.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Hope to get out after lunch Friday. No fish kept last time out which was Tuesday. Spent my time above hwy 26. See you out there.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

After yesterday’s post about my tow vehicle being out of commission,it wasn’t long till a good friend promptly came to the rescue. Got a call and an invite to join him in the boat today, and after about 0.0001 nano-seconds of thinking about it, said “Sure”. Due to my need to get my fix of Egg McMuffins, and one for him, and a slight detour to pick them up,(although his wife deserved both for launching the boat), we didn’t shove off till 8 or so.

First two drifts produced nothing but white bass, about 15 or so boated, and my host decided it was time to move on. But then in our next area, we not only fished for eyes, but starting catching them, too (actually mostly sauger). Each drift brought at least a fish or two to the boat, and we managed to peck away at almost a limit of eaters, except my host was insistent that I would have to quit after 5, so threw some back. And, to make a long story short, we ended up short of a two man limit. Too bad it got dark so early.
    No bait of choice today…fatheads, plastic, and left-over leeches all brought fish to the boat. With the obligatory goats, and pesky white bass, made for a great day. Pics to follow, after my camera gets recharged.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Camera’s charged,and pics are posted. Anyone recognize that spot?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

Camera’s charged,and pics are posted. Anyone recognize that spot?

Ed thanks for sharing, Congrat on a successful outing. As far as recognize that spot. Hmmm looks like K-mart launch parking lot.

Under the weather with a flu bug,checking and trimming for deer stands and running daughter around for sport practices has kept me on land.

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

The Kline/Miller Fishing Team – doesn’t only fish!!! Actually we are both bow hunters 1st and fisherman 2nd.

I shot this 3.5 year old 10 pointer on Halloween on land open to the public in Trempealeau County. Ben shot this 3.5 year old 8 pointer last Saturday in Rock County on private land.

Everyone take care!!! Good luck hunting and fishing!!

Nauga

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Out Friday in the fabulous weather! Started around Noon up at the VFW–nothing. Moved downstream to above Hwy 26–nothing. Down to the crowd at Blackhawk island and found the Whiteys. Then, after ignoring the whitebass strikes, started catching saugers and small eyes. Then a nice 19″ eye just before dusk.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Anyone recognize this spot? caught and released this nice 25 incher.

WeFish

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Hmmmm? Looks familiar.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Fish were spread out today. They seemed to like the 9-10′ depth unless they were shallow and actively feeding. Then they were in less than 5′. Found my first one at the end of Blackhawk Island caught on a hook and splitshot deadstick in 3.5′ of water. Second one caught at dusk vertical jigging in 9′ of water. By then everyone was off the water–not because they had limits, though.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Nice fish, congrats!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Nice fish, BWB. I can hear them sizzling already. Off tomorrow, but probably going to chase pike and smallies on Nag.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You guys are killing me! I bought a new car and won’t have a vehicle rigged to get the canoe out until spring. Good luck hunters! Shallow fish, might be a good time for me to start shore fishing again.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Disappointing weather unless you’re anxious for the hard-water fishing. Was out three times last December and hoping for more of the same this year, but not looking good. Might try some open water on Friday or Saturday, maybe Lake MI or maybe the Rock. I assume it’s still open to launch at the tavern at Blackhawk? Any ice forming anywhere?

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You better be ready to break shore ice. I’ll see it after work early this afternoon and can report back.

Happy Thanksgiving! I had my best year ever on the water and think it’s only going to get better.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Stopped at newville to grab some tip up bait at 1. There was a guy whom said he was out in haights last nite running boards. Said he had 2-2.5″ all over back there. I am heading out now!! Yipee!!!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Thanks DB. And a Happy thanksgiving to you and all the other river-rats out there.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It’s all locked up from Fort to Blackhawk. You better bring your tipups.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Bummer. Thanks for checking, DB. Looks like Lake MI instead.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.