August Fishing Reports or Pictures

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Dog days of summer starting to hit this river system. Post your reports and pic’s to help the river rats of IDO catch more fish.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Crappies in the wood & around docks! Caught on 32nd oz nuckle ball jigs under a slip bobber with a med fathead.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Those sure look good!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

They were good Ed, sometimes I wonder why I don’t target them more often. There fun to catch and eat. I would take a crappie to eat over a walleye any day.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Now I am really jealous!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

PM sent, have fun and enjoy!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Derek how did you end up Saturday? Tough day for fishing for us but did manage a meal of crappies. Want to get back onto the water today if the rain will pass soon.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

hey, good to see you guys. It has been a while. Ended up with five crappie. All from one spot. Nothing large but big enough for a meal. Thanks for the tips. Did what you said and worked that spot for all it was worth and learned a couple things.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I got my crappies yesterday. All from one boat dock. I’ll be back at it this afternoon then home to fry fish.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

@ Databoy, you been out getting a slabs crappies lately?

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I did well again Monday afternoon and took home 8 and threw back several more most people would have kept but I only wanted to clean 5-6, I just can’t count fish while catching them. The best part is I’m off the next 2 days and it’s looking great for more crappie fishing!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Crappie fishing is still good but you have to watch out for the 5′ reptiles guarding the pipe. I kept another 6 slabs today.

kv56
    Janesville

I love snakes. My fishing buddy picked up a couple 21 inchers at Blackhawk yesterday.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I put those snakes there to keep a eye on my crappies hole. I knew you would go back to that spot. They will bite so stay away from that spot!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I actually have been leaving it for you and found my own crappies. Grilled the four I kept today. Dropping water will dry up my spot soon though so I’m going to move on. Bass fishing Saturday. Likely won’t go after the crappies again until the end of the month and likely will try above Fort.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Heading out soon, going to try for walleye at BH then Crappies.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mission accomplished.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

What type of snake is that id have a good remedy for him – QB

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I don’t know, I saw at least 8 to 10 of them around that tree on other logs. There must have been a female ready for breeding. It was pretty scary trying to fish around the tree. After thinking about the movie Snakes on a plane I busted out of there.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

What type of snake is that id have a good remedy for him – QB

Big ones! My dad calls them water snakes. I think a flame thrower would do the trick.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Those are Northern Watersnakes. Quite common along most waterways in the Midwest. Completely harmless as are 99% of all snakes. Many people call them water moccasins because they don’t know better.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’m getting pretty friendly with those snakes. Since I’ve been feeding them we got pretty close. Haven’t seen to many boats fishing the area and no shore anglers. I’m assuming my plan is working. Need to bring more bait this weekend.

Anybody got any plans to fish the river this weekend?

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’ll be out if I can get my crap back together. Catching tons of fish this summer has caught up to my gear. So far I snapped one rod that cost me $90 to fix and broke 4 reels. Seized bearings on one, warped bearings on another, bent one I think someone stepped on and stripped the gears in my UL. Can’t afford the reels I want to replace them so I’m finishing the year with $25 Pflueger Trion underspin reels I’ll eventually use on my ice rods. At least I could get all 4 rods back in use for less than the price of one quality reel. I’ll either be bass fishing Lake WI or I’ll be looking for you on the river this weekend. I might even try to hitch a ride if my back doesn’t feel better soon. At the moment it’d be a little rough lifting my canoe but I got an hour massage scheduled for after work At least it looks like the weather will cooperate and give us a little heat break for the weekend.

O-O, trouble found me again. I’m having foot surgery Sept. 5 and will have a walking boot for a month. Jeez, it’s starting to suck that I’m getting as old as you guys.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

All those medical bills! You could of had a new boat by now or all new fishing gear!

kv56
    Janesville

Tough break Greg, hope it goes well. Was out about 3 hours Saturday. Nothing but white bass at Blackhawk. Some guys catching crappie.

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

@ Patrick,

Sold my boat last week. Taking a year off from Thursday nights and Tourneys. I’ll have my baby boy all spring, wont have time to fish. Might team up with Jerry’s a few times.. take care everyone… Its time for DEER DEER DEER DEER DEER

Fishing blows

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Good choice on priorities. There will always be fish but those little guys don’t stay little very long. That’s why I spread my kids out over 20 years. If you ever find it hard to get out the front seat in my canoe is usually open. Good luck with the deer. I lost my hunting spot so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do that again. It was fun while it lasted though and never missed a shot, at least not after my first time out with a gun not fired in over 15 years. I think I shot 5 times and never got close. 9 for 9 since. I’m going to miss venison bacon and sausage.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.