River walleye book

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

This is probably a stretch but I believe a long time ago on this site, when looking for advice on catching river walleye someone gave me the feedback to read a book about catching catfish. Said that the book was designed for cat fisherman but the principles in the book were great for walleye. Anybody have an idea of what I’m talking about. Or can anybody recommend a good read on walleye fishing in the river (Mississippi mainly).

Just looking for a fishing book to kill the time until spring and thinking about doing to some river fishing

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Dan Gapen wrote a real good book on Walleyes in the river. I have it stashed away and don’t recall the exact title but a library search for him as author, will bring it up I’m sure.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Not positive but probably capt Brad’s book.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Not positive but probably capt Brad’s book.

Fishblood promoted this few times, and when it comes to catfish, he’d know.

Don’t recall drawing similarities towards walleyes though.

You can borrow all my books. Too bad I mailed a few off to a young IDOer who hasn’t been on in quite some time and haven’t got back since, they were the good river ones.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Brads book is available HERE.

It’s written for the Red River of the North but there are some areas of the book that could be used for walleyes. I think Dan Gapen’s is better suited for what you’re looking for though.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Thanks guys. Sounds like Dan’s book will do the trick. Ill check it out

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Back in the 70’s or 80’s I bought every Dan Gapen book that was available. One of the best investments I’ve ever made in regards to fishing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.