RIP No.12 Clown Husky Jerk…

• kwp
    Eden Prairie

You have been a great stickbait over the years but now is the time for you to go to Rapala heaven. The Walleyes loved you so much they ate off your paint, bent your lip, scratched you all up, and even bent your hooks when I was removing Walleyes that tried to eat you. Your days of catching Walleyes for me may finally be over. If there ever was a stickbait Hall of Fame you would be my first choice.

I am not sure what the Walleyes loved so much about you but they never could get enough of you. Sorry to remove you from my tackle box but at least you didn’t end up stuck on some wingdam along side other stickbaits and white moxies.

Attachments:
    1. hj.jpg

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Kwp- very kind words.sorry for your loss!

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

What is it with the one lure with the messed up paint job from natural wear that gets bitten way more than its own full painted twin?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

That’s been my experience with Rapalas. Two apparently identical Raps right out of the box. One catches fish, the other one doesn’t. Who knows what is going on in those little tiny fish brains.

SR

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Send that baby off for a paint job and replace the hooks. Lures like that have something special about them and are meant to be fished!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Stick a 1oz bell on that treble and give er a proper burial at sea. RIP Clown

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

God speed little Rapala.

Timmy

How could you retire a bait that gets hit? Put some new split rings/hooks on it and continue its punishment! smash smash smash smash

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Cool bait! I’m with the guys that say to get a couple new hooks and put it back out there!!

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Kwp I know what you are feeling I two lost the best rapala ever and only have one more and can hardly use it because they discontinued it. F-9 Hot tiger. You can sometimes find them for $40 on line but I don’t know why they stopped making them it is the best pattern for monster walleyes.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’m thinking you should scrape the paint off another one and go fishing!!

DMHEID
    Bismarck, ND

I can repaint it for you if you would like.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Contact Rapala and send them the picture. I’d bet you’ll get a new one in the mail.

Grouse

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Good bait worked for me to

Kayla Moore

Hey guys –
    I am just starting off a business “gills n thrills customized lures” for custom painted lures. If you need lures re-painted or would like blanks painted, please email me! New lures are only $5-$7! Also check out my Facebook page for my work!

Deuces

There are posts on this site here and there that I’ll always remember. This one not only introduced me to my new favorite bait but really changed my tactics to walleyes bc of it. My first of to be quite a few PB river eyes started 2 weeks after this post.

RIP Kendall, when I first joined you always seemed to have open seats on the forums and although I never was fortunate to share a boat with you, I truly hope when our Maker hands you a fishing pole at the pearly gates there’s your #12 clown husky tied to it.

sji

Very fitting Mr. Beads. Wishing kwp a safe journey on his new adventure.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very fitting post. I still fish a spot on pool 2 that Ken used to fish with husky jerks. Fantastic spot. To get set up on it we line up a street light in a krook of a tree. Ken was a expert on fishing husky jerks. It was not enough to just tie one on and toss it out. He had a real knack for figuring out exactly how the fish water that lure presented.

buschman
    Pool 2

I have a bait still sitting in my boat that had Kens name on it… I always enjoyed going back and forth with him on this topic and trading baits with him at your tournament Mike. He was a good guy and did have a way of pulling a big fish off a spot that no one else could some days!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Cant we turn it into the 6 million dollar Rapala? We have the technology…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.