Livewell question

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

On my 2009 619 ranger I have had a live well issue since day one… now I rarely use it so it’s not that I have been nagging to get it fixed…

I have had the valve replace by a ranger dealer and they told me it may have to be adjusted to work properly…here is my situation..

When trying to fill the live well It will not fill to the over flow… it will not even come up to the fill hole so the water splashes all over the place and it does not fill.. I have a recirculating nozzle pushed in and the selector switch in in auto…

Now…

If I put a thin piece of t-shirt material over the starboard side drain hole it will work and come up to the over flow and drain out properly…

The port side hole has a good amount of draw on it when it is in auto and the recirc is pushed in and the starboard side has minimal draw on it… is this normal ? Is the port side draw going to the recirc valve ?

oh and another thing… In the yard.. I put the selector switch in auto and filled the live well with the hose and nothing drained out… until i got to the over flow hole…so I’m not leaking by the valve…

What do I do to fix this.. a live well shouldn’t be this complicated…

huskerdu

I dont think there is any way for the livewell to drain other than the valve? My 621 will drain down some when making long runs if I dont turn the valve when running.
    I have had to move the cable mannually in the spring when not used all winter, and works fine after that. ???

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Are you sure both pumps are working? In my Ranger bass boat I had the same issue and it ended up one one of the pumps was shot. Just a thought.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I will check to make sure both pumps are running… but just by touch… it felt like it…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Are you sure both pumps are working? In my Ranger bass boat I had the same issue and it ended up one one of the pumps was shot. Just a thought.

OK… Both pumps are working… I turn on the live well and unplugged them one at a time… one shut off the main fill and then the other one shut off the recirculating line

rilose
    Kentucky Lake

Not sure what kind of pumps you have, mine look like these:

http://imageshack.us/f/508/p1010013largeyp9.jpg/

I had a similar problem with mine where neither well would hold water when they were stet to “fill”. I removed the pumps and cleaned them out. A TON of trash came out of them, it almost looked like calcium build up. That quickly fixed the problem and I can keep my wells filled for day at a time if I don’t open them up.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I will pop them open tomorrow and take a peek… Mine are 800 gph pumps…and they are canister type I believe… I have never had them apart… Looking forward to digging into them..

thanks !!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

they are clean as a whistle…

So wtf ?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thanks T Ellis …

I will give that a shot this afternoon !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.