Ranger Trailer Hubs

• glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Just wondering if anyone else out there is having any problems with the seals leaking on their Ranger trailers. This is the 5th Ranger I’ve owned and I have never had an issue with seals ever leaking until this boat. It’s a 2009 and I had one spindle re-built then had the boat boat in again and they re-built all 4 of them. I come home today and find 2 puddles of oil under both wheels on the back axle. According to my dealer Ranger changed the spindle supplier back in 05 and have had alot of issues with seals leaking. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had any issues. Thanks Glenn

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Glenn,

Where are you getting the leak? Inner seal? Outer seal? Hub cover?

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

T they’re both dripping from just behind the rotor. So I’d say the inside seal.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Glenn, shoot me a PM, and I’ll give you a number of a friend who had the same problem and “fried” the bearing..

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Talked to Ranger and they’re 2nd day airing 2 new Vortec Hubs. These are the hubs Ranger is using on they’re trailers now. I guess I’ll see how this works. Thanks guys for the reponses. Glenn

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Please post what you can on identifying the new hubs if you can.

I bought a new trailer this year and have the Vault hubs on mine. I believe that is what you will recieve as well. I’m interested in tracking these hubs. So far so good for me but, I’ve not logged enough time on them yet.

mojogunter

I had an inner seal go on mine in July, and didn’t notice it leaking. The wheel flew off in Anoka when the tire flew off it bent the axel and ruined the spindle. $1500 later good as new. I replaced the three other seals just to be safe.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.