2012 Ranger console NEW LOOK

• TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

2012 Ranger console NEW LOOK…
    I was surprised when I called to speak with Joe in rigging at Ranger to find the 2012 drivers console had been changed. We are hopeful that the Humminbird 958c will mount on the dash with the mount provided. We will then Ram mount the 1198 on to the open area. I am not interested in a flush mount for several reasons. Keeping my fingers crossed.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Looks pretty clean. Like those built in can holders too!

-J.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Yep and the tool holders as well.

huskerdu

Dealer said Ranger was changing the fenders on the trailer also? Havent seen a 2012 yet.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just curious why you would want both of these units at the console? Don’t they both have the same features?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Just curious why you would want both of these units at the console? Don’t they both have the same features?

Run side imaging on the 1198c while running GPS and or 2D on the 958c. That’s pretty much what I do. However I’ve got a 917c (bow)which I run the 2D while having my 997c (helm) which will have GPS/Side Imaging running.

If I could swing it, I’d have a 1198c and a 958c at the helm and a 1158 on the bow.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

Run side imaging on the 1198c while running GPS and or 2D on the 958c. That’s pretty much what I do. However I’ve got a 917c (bow)which I the 2D while having my 997c (helm) which will have GPS/Side Imaging running.

If I could swing it, I’d have a 1198c and a 958c at the helm and a 1158 on the bow.

Can’t you split screen the 1198C and run both the side imaging and the GPS at the same time? I’d think with the size of the screen on that 1198 you would still see great detail on both sides.

To run all 3 of those units on a boat would be a heck of a SWING !!!!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Can’t you split screen the 1198C and run both the side imaging and the GPS at the same time? I’d think with the size of the screen on that 1198 you would still see great detail on both sides.

Yes you can. However I would still prefer more screen designated to each function. Especially side imaging and GPS.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Humminbird can ONLY split the screen with 3 different options. This means on the 958C I and run my map. On the 1198 I run SI down imaging and switch fire. Again this is what/how I do it. Running at 55+ I want a big screen for map and a bigger screen for depth. Now with the new console and I did a walk through I hope to have enough realestate.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes you can. However I would still prefer more screen designated to each function. Especially side imaging and GPS.

That just seems like a waste of money to me – But then again if cost is not a issue – Why not.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

That just seems like a waste of money to me – But then again if cost is not a issue – Why not.

Spend it like you’ve got it.

Seriously, It’s only an extra $1000. Considering a new Ranger 619dvs is $60,000+ rigged. What’s another $1000?

IWalleye

Once you start splitting up the screens, the images start to get pretty small. Having multiple large screens opens up the options a guy has on how to configure things. This year I see that Humminbird is coming out with networking hub that will allow you to hook up to 5 units toghether to share images/data. That will make it even easier.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.