Above battery storage?

• eyeguide
    Prior Lake

I have a 2004 620, and the batteries are still in the compartments on either side of the boat. I have heard of custom trays that you can get to put on top of the batteries to utilize the remainder of those bins? Does anyone have them, and if so where to get them? As always some photos would help to wrap my head around how these work!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

are you taking these ? battery box Most store like Fleetfarm carry them.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

I have an ’05 620 VS and I tried a Google search and didn’t find anything. No doubt some clever fellow has come up with such a gizmo. I know that the new 620’s now have those compartments for storage and the batteries are in the floor…

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I would look for some sort of tray that you could rest onto the lip of the battery box, most trays will not fit 100% snug ontop of the compartment, but nonetheless you can have that tray hold misc items.

something like this, you would have to modify a lip to rest along the edge of the compartment where the battery’s fit into…

Storage compartments

grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

I got a set of these trays some years back from Cabelas, don’t know if they still offer them. I have a 2003 619.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Eyeguide.
    I have no means of getting a picture for you on what I’ve used, but there’s a small store hear in small amery that has a tray that fits pretty darn nice.
    I use it for planer boards, marker bouys (which why I carry I have no idea as I never use) and even room for jumper cables.
    PM me and I’ll send you a couple. They are only $2.00 each and I’m certainly not worried about that.
    Mike

mike-west
    Amery, WI

For anyone looking, I’ll try to post some pictures early tomorrow of what I use and how it sits in compartment.

Calvin hit it on the nose. You need a bin that will rest on the lip of your compartment. Doesn’t fiT pefect 1st time, but once it gets seated in a little makes for very valuable storage IMHO! Also needs to ne narrow enough to keep compartment closer functionable.

fishingishot
    Walker, MN

I have been looking for these for some time now and have not found out what happened to them. Like someone else has said they were available at Cabela’s. Let me know what you find.

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Those are the ones that I have heard about (from Cabelas). I wonder if they quit making them after Ranger started putting the batteries in the floor?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.