Boat Polishing

• webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Anyone ever polish there boat before? I talked to Ranger and they told me what they use. Just wondering if there are any polishing tips one may recommend.

I am using a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher w/Lake Country Pads and 3M Finesse It II Finishing Glaze.

If anyone is familiar with the LC pads for gelcoat, I am curious what color to start with. I am simply finishing and sealing as the gelcoat is in good condition but I want it in NEW condition.

Thanks

huskerdu

Call Joe @ Grandpas Marine, used to be a Ranger Rep.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Thanks Husker I made him search the entire country 4 yrs ago to find the exact boat I am polishing! I am half way through it actually and it has went well. If I could stand the humidity in the garage this week I would be done.

I can tell you this much. The $300 I have into it so far has transformed a nice used boat into an absolute brand new finish! Unbelievable and makes ones understand the difference between a wax cover-up and a true renewel of the gelcoat. I will post pictures when finsihed if the camera will actually pic up the detail.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

you ever gonna post some pics?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.