Rainy Lake Fishing Report

• mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mxskeeter wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mxskeeter wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Hix wrote:</div>
    Tell me more about this no border pass thing please.

You need a Canadian fishing license. You cannot anchor, touch any shore, or tie up to another boat. Don’t know if you have to carry your passport.

I got the info from Rainy Lake Houseboats. They sent out a newsletter email last winter with the announcement of the no RABC needed anymore if you follow the rules.

Yes you need to carry a passport or copy of your birth certificate (see link I provided above) Also its not just that you can’t tie up to another boat you can’t pull up along side another boat even if you don’t tie together. The intent is to prevent passing of goods between the boats.

Thanks for the explanation JC. I guess if you want to talk to a friend/camp mate you had better keep some distance between boats.

bruce anderson

It may also be a good idea to get a pleasure craft Opperator card. Don’t know if they check for this but it is a required card in all providences. It’s not hard to get. Takes about 3-4 hours of video and a test. I actually learned a lot. It is a competency test to show you can operate a boat. If i can remember any thing over 16 ft it is required. Please help me out if im wrong.

Timmy

It may also be a good idea to get a pleasure craft Opperator card. Don’t know if they check for this but it is a required card in all providences. It’s not hard to get. Takes about 3-4 hours of video and a test. I actually learned a lot. It is a competency test to show you can operate a boat. If i can remember any thing over 16 ft it is required. Please help me out if im wrong.

Not required for non-residents that do not leave their boat in Canada for over 45 days. If yu are ok to operate a boat in your home state/country, and you are there less than 45 consecutive days, you are good to go.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.