quota reached

• Joe

If you want to reach the most knowledgeable DNR officers regarding Mille Lacs, the info is below. They usually CC several dnr contacts in their replies. Like Will stated, they are doing their job by standing to the side. I would assume (hope) the DNR officials share some of the same thoughts and feelings as we do.

For more information on this lake, contact:
    Area Fisheries Supervisor
    1200 Minnesota Ave S
    Aitkin, MN 56431
    Phone: (218) 429-3010
    Internet: Aitkin Fisheries
    E-Mail: [email protected]

criticalconcepts

If that is the most knowledgeable the DNR has to offer, I stand by my previous post. They can blame having their hands tied all they want, it is their JOB to protect the natural resources of MN. And like we all know, they are failing miserably. (In regard to Mille Lacs)

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

There was a big netting operation setup on Thursdays morning out of the Malmo public access. during the midday time frame I saw a number of boats and pickups with equipment traveling west to possibly the Garrison area.
    Accouple of pick ups parked at the BP station on the northend with freezers and generators running?? stocking up for a long winter…..

sktrwx2200

So the DNR netting quota is just a suggestion to the INDIANS? Why even put a quota out there if there is no one to monitor it? They just keep netting even though the quota is reached?

If the hook and line quota is reached this summer and it is shut down, you bet your ass the DNR will be out in FORCE to be sure the white man doesn’t catch one ounce over the quota limit.

Looks like Fellergy could have another discrimination case this time for fishing past the quota mark just like the Indians get to.

flame

Pauleye
    Onamia

There was a big netting operation setup on Thursdays morning out of the Malmo public access. during the midday time frame I saw a number of boats and pickups with equipment traveling west to possibly the Garrison area.
    Accouple of pick ups parked at the BP station on the northend with freezers and generators running?? stocking up for a long winter…..
    [/quote

That’s why the enforcement boat was out in Vineland Bay. As far away from the action as you can get.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.