Lucky or what?

• urbanrivers

Took my lovely bride on a river run yesterday. Had we had enough time would have tried to get to Red Wing, (putting in at South St. Paul.) we would have gotten down to there too if the Corp tug hadn’t been coming down through pool 2 at the same time and held up lock 2 all morning. But that is another story.

For this one, we are tooling down the river going about 30 just above lock 2 when I misread the channel buoys and wham!!! hit a wingdam. Now for the lucky part, just grind off part of the skag, lower unit just fine, hull not even scratched. Didn’t think to pull up the motor to examine the skag at the time, didn’t have any vibration in the motor after that, checked to make sure we aren’t taking on water, and kept going. Don’t notice the skag until after I pull the boat out back at South St. Paul. So my wife and I have a nice day on the water, I’m not bummed because of the skag, boat and motor run fine during outing so I’m not freaked about that. Its not until later last night I come to fully appreciate just how lucky we were.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Lucky, or otherwise……………You ARE very fortunate that nothing bad happened………………………and on behalf of the FTR community, I’m glad nothing bad happened as well! :O)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.