Bigger or more

• urbanrivers

I was out on Pool 2 today, 7:15am to 10:00am caught an assortment of fish, walleye, northern, smallmouth, white bass, and catfish 23 in all. I was using a junior thunder stick casting up to shore. With the exception of the walleye, 22″, nothing had any size so I began to wonder would I rather have that kind of action or catch two or three really big fish. I think that kind of action. Am I in the majority or not?

shaley
    Milford IA

Big is nice but I love the catching so I guess I’m a numbers guy. Caught 50+ eyes today kept 3 biggest just at 17″ and had a blast.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

That is a tough question! I really enjoy catching a lot of fish, but nothing gets the blood pumping like a real heavy tug on the other end of the line.

I generally fish for numbers first, then start looking for bigger fish in the vacinity, or vice versa. Usually if the bite is on in an area, there will be larger fish somewhere in the area.

How’s that for a fence straddling answer?!?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

No question for me. I’ll take the biguns. I can go all day with only one bite if it the right one.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m an action guy. I think this is my biggest downfall when it comes to tourney fishing. I get to overthinking and start to move too often.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am happy either way.

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

I am a trophy hunter. I would rather catch 1-2 BIG fish than have action all day. Don’t get me wrong I love catching fish non-stop, but I would rather catch the big ones.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Since my main target over the last 10 years has been muskies, I’m definitely a big fish guy. On Pool 2, I’ll happily leave spots that are only producing <20″ walleyes in search of the big gals. Every now and again I like a good numbers day, but overall I’m with gator … one bite is fine so long as it’s the right one!

uhlee1
    Dav. IA

I’ll let you know when, and if, I find the big fish.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.