Moving to pool 2

• croixboy
    Plymouth

Looks like I’m moving to pool 2 this spring. I’m looking for a good map that points out depth, wingdams, structure, etc. You guys have any suggestions?

Looking forward to taking a year off the croix and trying pool 2. Boat will be parked in Inver Grove Heights.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey Croixboy!

I just moved to the area (Lilydale) from Robbinsdale and I’m about to embark upon learning the pool myself. Where are you moving to? Possibly we can hook-up and do some fishing together. Let me know.

dd

Whoops! Just reread your post and noticed Inver Grove Heights.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey Ringworm!
    I was checking out the maps you posted a link to. Thanks! However, I couldn’t figure out where the symbols legend is on those maps. What are they marking the wingdams with? Thank you sir!

dd

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Hey croixboy,

Thought you had moved away. If you ever have an open seat let me know. I work in downtown St Paul. Maybe we could catch some fish instead of rescuing dogs!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

drewsdad,

The solid or dotted lines coming out from the bank to the main river channel are the symbols used for marking wingdams. map Sroll down to Prescott Island and you will see a series of wingdams. I hope this helps you out some.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

How about this.

croixboy
    Plymouth

Hey SteveO. I remeber that. Never caught a dog fishing before. I’m glad he made it home to his family.

I’m lookimg to get my boat launched by April. Have to have some work done on it first. It will then be brought to it’s new home at the marina.

Let’s hook up this spring. You can give me a tour of pool 2 and some advice.

croixboy
    Plymouth

Thanks for the map. I’m looking forward to pool 2 this spring. I promise I’ll be considerate to all you guys and respect your space.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

croixboy,
    I’m afraid the only thing I’m good for on Pool 2 is some company. I’ve never fished it. There are a lot of guys that do though. Mike W, Dave B and DeeZee could probably help you out.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

croixboy,

Welcome to Pool 2!
    As you have probably guessed by now, pool 2 has quite a fishery to offer you. plenty of nice sized walleyes lurking these waters. At times they can seem elusive like anywhere else, but rest assured they are there. Look back through the archive reports and posts and you will start to find some very useful info about Pool 2.

Good luck and hope to see you on the river sometime soon!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Thank you sir!
    Now that it has been pointed out to me I can see them just fine. Thanks for the info!

dd

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.