Conditions on lake Pepin

• cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

I was just wondering how the water condtions are on the lake. Has the water came down any? I will be heading up there on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks
    Chad

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Think its going to keep coming up for the next few days to.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

When I checked yesterday, Red Wing was to crest Sunday.

But I wouldn’t let that stop you! It’s not like we’re in flood stage!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yep. looking forward to the better flow up here. Was going to post the stage chart but cant seem to get it to come up this morning. Looks like we have about another foot to go on pool 2 in the next few days.

.mnmike
    red wing, mn

I was down on the lake yesterday. The water had a visibility of 6″ with debris floating everywhere. I managed to land some walleyes trolling shad raps, but I was constantly reeling in to remove the debirs from my line and lure. Like the others posted the water is still coming up so I imagine the debris will only get worse.

shockers
    Rochester

Just got a text from a buddy who’s fishing now out of Colvill/can line area (no luck btw) and he said there’s a lotta big logs etc. in the water. Be careful out there.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Mike try a snap weight clip on you line about a foot under the surface, cuts done some of the junk on your lure allow a bit longer run

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Also, if you use DRs, the main lines collect all the junk in the water and keep it off your lures.

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

Like stated earlier lots if trash. My tip is to stay shallow out of the current.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

Heading up there to fish Thursday and Friday will report when I get back.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

Fished river Thursday and down in lake some with no fish. Pitched jigs and trolled lead. Friday and Saturday went further down in lake pulling lead with #7 Shad Raps and caught fish all day. Fished 14-16fow and then 19-21fow were best. I did see people doing good live bait rigging to. Good Luck

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

fished down in the lake on the wisconsin side friday and had similar luck. fish only took lead, not interest in any divers.
    white was most popular with blue over orange second. full body shad was the body style in #7.
    going again today, but understand it’s crowded.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.