Piscifun reels?

• fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I feel like I read about Piscifun here before, but I can’t figure out how to search on this site. Are the spinning Reels any good? I’m looking for a good 500 size. The Shimano Siennas have dropped off in quality. So looking for a good replacement with a decent collapsible handle.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Very smooth reel, I like mine. Weird maintenance instructions though.

jack klusa

My experience with both piscifun and kastking are generally positive. They work really well for about the first 12 months for a $40-$70 reel. But they wont last as long as a more expensive, bigger name brand reel.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My Shimano siennas the black and red ones suck. They definitely are not the same as they used to be.
    That said I have 4 carbon x reels and 2 carbon x2s I believe all new last spring, all a 2000 size and I have been pleased with them. We will see what this summer brings.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

My Shimano siennas the black and red ones suck. They definitely are not the same as they used to be.

100%

isu22andy

The YouTubers like them . Personally never used one but the Okuma ceymar is new the pflueger president killer for me

ekruger01

Order some carbontex washers and they will be just like the old ones. I have about 20 of the 500’s half new ones, half old ones.

To the OP, the Piscifun reels I got were ok at best. ended up switching to the diawa qz series. Run 750’s on most of my panfish rigs open and hard water. Still run a mix of saharas and tatulas on my walleye/big fish gear.

CaptainMusky

I dont have any of the spinning reels, but several of the inline reels and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Extremely smooth drags.

MX1825

Okuma Ceymar waytogo waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Order some carbontex washers and they will be just like the old ones. I have about 20 of the 500’s half new ones, half old ones.

To the OP, the Piscifun reels I got were ok at best. ended up switching to the diawa qz series. Run 750’s on most of my panfish rigs open and hard water. Still run a mix of saharas and tatulas on my walleye/big fish gear.

The drag isn’t what makes them trash.

mnfisherman18

I think the youtubers like them because they are getting them for free via sponsorship. People seem to generally be satisfied with them, I’ll personally stick with Daiwa.

basseyes

Own 6 of them original carbon x’s. Four 1,000’s and two 2,000’s. Been used a lot over 4 years now. Purposely haven’t tore them apart and done the usual re-lube maintenance. Have one that is just starting to show signs of slowing down a little. Like the diawa fuego’s and own 5 of those. Prefer the picsifuns, but not by much. Have the older versions of the Shimano Sahara’s and really like those reels. Only maintenance I’ve done to the piscifun’s is an end of season external wash down. If you watch out for sales they will typically put them on sale of the constant existing sale. Not a perfect reel, but for the money, a pretty darn good reel.

Cw

No issues with them, the walmart clearance special presidents for $22 is impossible to beat.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

No issues with them, the walmart clearance special presidents for $22 is impossible to beat.

Every walmart i have looked at is sold out of them

Charles

Shimano Sienna 500 are like $25 on ebay.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Shimano Sienna 500 are like $25 on ebay.

That’s double what the new ones are worth. I wouldn’t pay 12 bucks for them after the last 6 I bought have all been junk. The older one are still great, just the newer black and red and not good.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

I have 2 of the older Shimano Sienna 500s. The gray ones. They’ve been rock solid. I think I paid $19.99 for them 6-7 years ago.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I have two Piscifun reels one spinning and one baitcaster, I sold my Core MGX50 baitcaster as the Piscifun was lighter and would cast lighter baits farther. Spinning is the Carbon X 1000 size four years and so far still going strong not one complaint on either reel, never opened up either reel yet.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

I have a carbonX 1000 that is a couple years old. Still really smooth and I have not taken it apart. Also they are very light weight. One thing I noticed with this reel is since it has carbon drag washers it has a little different feel to the drag. Almost like the drag friction is less once it is actually slipping compared to when the drag first engages. I run my drag on the looser side, but tend to have to crank this down a bit more to account for this. Not sure if that makes sense or not! I have a lot of daiwa reels too and in that same price point the Legalis LT is hard to beat if you can find it on sale.

Cw

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cw wrote:</div>

Every walmart i have looked at is sold out of them

I have had a few places price match the receipt too.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Pissyfun!

Someone needs to tell China they could use a rebrand.

I have bought a couple “China” reels off the web and both have been really smooth and half the price but I draw the line at pissyfun

Cw

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Got a link for the washers?

Cw

Also see dakota angler has presidents for $40 right now.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.